Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update Problems
SteelersRuleNFL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have had the same exact issues with my accounts 3 Galaxy S5's after the Lollipop upgrade. In addition to what was stated in the posts here, the upgrade used over 2GB additional system memory. I had to uninstall several apps that wouldn't move to the external SD card. I started with 3.5GB available internal memory, after update was down to about 238MB of available internal memory. I also upgraded the S5 I have on AT&T to Lollipop, and had none of these issues. Works great, battery life still good, WiFi connection fine, and no additional internal memory used. What additional stuff did Verizon add to Lollipop to cause such massive bloat?

These are my business phones and you are killing my business, Verizon!

oldsouth
Enthusiast - Level 2

I noticed today that the Health app was counting my steps.  I never have used it before and after the update it was turned on.  I paused the pedometer.  Maybe that will help a little on battery usage.That Motorola Turbo is looking better and better.  Don't know how much longer I can charge my phone 3 times per day!!!!!

greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

I have to charge my phone every hour. It's disgraceful.

bumboola
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank god I found this thread while my phone was going through the pre-lollipop update. I'm going to hold off and stick with 4.4.4 for now, no problems with the pre-update so far...

dave818

I was having many of the same problems: rapid battery drain, phone extremely hot, update of apps very slow. I finally did a factory reset and it seems to be operating ok now. I have my fingers crossed. Thank goodness for these forums and the information they provide.

0 Likes
stdismuke
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah absolutely stupid how Verizon could screw this up so badly. Can't even keep Wifi on, drains battery 30% per hour when connected. I'm really looking forward to my bill when I go over my data limit thanks to this.Did a FDR and it has not helped, glad I get to waste the day setting my phone back up. They need to get this fixed ASAP.

cruisencode
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issues here.  Luckily, I found this out before my wife upgraded her S5.  This is simply unacceptable!

WareAmI
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have a Samsung Galaxy S5, DO NOT upgrade to LOLLIPOP. It compromised my email, rendered wifi unusable, made the phone run so hot that the battery runs down in 4-5 hours with minimal use, got rid of blocking mode and replaced it with an interruption thing that's hard to find and configure, and eliminated all notifications before the unlock screen. Samsung's proposed solution? A full factory reset, which erases everything you put on your phone.

Don't upgrade to Lollipop. It's garbage and will render your phone virtually unusable.

Samsung helped a bit in resolving the wifi drop issue that heats up the phone, and you can read my conversation with them on Twitter here: Tweets with replies by Christine Pilch (@ChristinePilch) | Twitter Be sure to read Samsung's end of the conversation to see how to do so.

In addition, this morning I tried to email a picture from my S5, and it locked up the phone, so I was unable to do so. Lollipop - the gift that keeps on giving!

Verizon needs to kill Lollipop now before it destroys anyone else's phone.

kristenstork
Enthusiast - Level 2

AAgree with everything. I can barely use my phone at all. This lollipop update is horrible and makes my phone unusable. How can I uninsta this?

WareAmI
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon, please don't insult your customers by insinuating that all of us have exposed our phones to water to cause these problems. Our issues are caused by one thing - Lollipop. Lollipop is garbage, and it needs to be fixed pronto. What are you doing on your end to move this along?

- Christine