Samsung Galaxy S5 Can Receive Msgs but NOT send messages
jaraschutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got this phone.  I was able to send messages the first day.  Then the phone performed updates.  Now, I can still receive messages, but I cannot send messages.  I went as far as factory reset.  However, it's resetting to Lollipop.  With a factory reset, should it not go back to before the Lollipop update??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Can Receive Msgs but NOT send messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
martifan,

We certainly do not want to see you struggling with your device. A recent software update was released for you device, since the initial Lollipop update. Please update to this new software and test your messages again. It is recommended that you delete your previous threads, as we would not want any errors to carry over once the update has been performed. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-97540/
SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dmwhite
Enthusiast - Level 2

Welcome to my world.  Just got this phone on March 12, was able to send and receive SMS, then the android 5.0 update hit that evening and since then only can receive SMS, but can send and receive multimedia message (e.g., send pictures or group texts).
Quick answer  - Negative.  Android removed the ability to reverse an update yourself. And I was told by a Samsung rep that they can no longer flash back to an earlier OS (KitKat in this case) using their equipment, either.

After multiple calls and a couple hundred miles of driving to different stores, Let me assure you that staff in the Verizon stores will not be any help.  Tech support will only be of limited assistance.  The only 'helpful' advice I've gotten in the past week was this:  send everything as MMS.  Just adding an emoticon didn't work for me - I have to send everything as a group message.  A bit cumbersome and annoying as all get out, but if you send all your messages to the intended recipient AND your own number, which makes it a group message, it will go through.  On one hand, it's like buying a new car and being told reverse gear only works if you first shift into drive and then back to reverse - there's simply no excuse for it not working properly and in no other business would it be considered acceptable with a brand new product.  On the other hand... well, it works until they get a permanent fix.

dmwhite
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has just in the past day pushed out a new software update.... this latest update has resolved the SMS sending issue for me.

martifan

Since doing the update 3 weeks ago, it can sometimes take 5 hours for a mesage to be received by me.  It often takes 15 or more minutes to send.  I am in zip code 48185.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
martifan,

We certainly do not want to see you struggling with your device. A recent software update was released for you device, since the initial Lollipop update. Please update to this new software and test your messages again. It is recommended that you delete your previous threads, as we would not want any errors to carry over once the update has been performed. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-97540/
SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes