Samsung Galaxy S4 stops sending text messages
Despair_Factor
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello -

I am pretty frustrated right now.  I have both a Motorola Moto X and a Samsung Galaxy S4 on Verizon's network.  Depending on which I feel like using, I go back and forth between the two phones.  I recently stopped using my Moto X and switched back to my Galaxy S4.  Before I switched, I did a full factory reset on my Galaxy S4 to get it back running in top shape.

I have been using it for only 8 days and I am already ready to throw it against the wall.

Randomly throughout the day, I will be unable to send text messages.  The phone will tell me "Message Not Sent" and I won't be able to send anything out, but I can receive text messages.

Restarting the phone fixes the problem, for a little while.  I just restarted my Galaxy S4 for the third time today and I am fed up with this problem.  I did not have this problem at all while I was using my Moto X.  My husband also has  a Galazy S4 and he had made comments that he has the same problem with his phone, but it only happens every couple of days.

I checked for a Software update, but it says my phone is up to date.

Is there any work around for this problem?  If not I am considering going back to my Moto X because it is getting pretty unbearable.

Labels (1)
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 stops sending text messages
McCoyAZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

From what I hear there is supposed to be a fix in the works that Verizon says "should be out by the end of September" that "may fix this issue".

I guess we as consumers are supposed to just roll over and accept the fact that any service provider using the Samsung Galaxy S4 is having this issue because of an update bug on version 4.4.3 (?)

I have fought with Verizon over this issue for the last 4 months to the point that I think I work for their technical support team, all to no avail. They did replace my phone with one of their "guaranteed tested and we promise it wont have this problem refurbished (used) phones....and it does exactly the same thing.

So I get to call customer support again. Lucky for me I have them on speed dial.