Samsung A50 voicemail
mcskaggs1

On my Samsung Galaxy S7 I had a Verizon voicemail icon. I'm being told that this is not available on the Samsung A50. I also don't receive voimail notifications. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung A50 voicemail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should check your MyVerizon account online to see if the line has the visual voicemail feature on the line or not. If you can't find the visual voicemail application from the Play Store, I would suggest that removing the visual voicemail feature from your line so that you are switched to the basic non-visual voicemail feature and you will get your notifications again. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to hear that you are unable to recieve Voicemail notifications. To confirm, for how long has this been going on? What exactly happens when somebody leaves you a message? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
mcskaggs1

I bought this phone directly from Samsung as an unlocked device. I was told by Verizon that since the device is unlocked that I'm unable to get the Verizon Voicemail app on my device. They said this comes pre-installed on the Verizon devices. Not sure why the app would not be available to download in the app store. So I've been w/I voicemail notifications for over a month.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mcskaggs1 wrote:

I bought this phone directly from Samsung as an unlocked device. I was told by Verizon that since the device is unlocked that I'm unable to get the Verizon Voicemail app on my device. They said this comes pre-installed on the Verizon devices. Not sure why the app would not be available to download in the app store. So I've been w/I voicemail notifications for over a month.

The Verizon Visual Voicemail application is exclusively for Verizon Wireless branded phones. If you want voicemail notifications on your unlocked phone model, you need to follow the instructions I provided earlier in this discussion thread. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mcskaggs1

If Verizon was truly concerned someone would help me. I'm done with this Company.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mcskaggs1 wrote:

If Verizon was truly concerned someone would help me. I'm done with this Company.

Instructions on how to restore your voicemail notifications have been previously provided. 

0 Likes
wadeowen307
Contributor - Level 1

The only exception to your device being required to have been purchased from Verizon Wireless is if your device is an iPhone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@wadeowen307 wrote:

The only exception to your device being required to have been purchased from Verizon Wireless is if your device is an iPhone.

The iPhone uses a completely different voicemail system that is actually handled by the Apple servers. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mcskaggs1,

We do not want you going without the support that you need. I strongly recommend downloading a copy of the user manual for the unlocked variety of your device, which can be found from Samsung at this link: http://spr.ly/66061wVbI

As has been advised in the thread, your unlocked device is not able to access the Verizon Voicemail app, as this requires Verizon pre-installed software to operate. The good news is that you can still get voicemails and notifications. Per the manual, you can get started setting up voicemail by opening the phone app, and then press and hold 1 to call into your voicemail. Once you follow the prompts you will be up and running. I hope this is helpful.

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes