SMS stopped working on Xperia Z3V immediately after Lollipop update
RedDae
Enthusiast - Level 1

After updating to Lollipop 5.1.1 yesterday (which was very overdue, so no complaints about finally getting the update) my Xperia Z3V stopped receiving or sending SMS. I've tried several different apps, and some—such as Hangouts—will send SMS but any of the texting-specific apps such as the stock Sony Messaging app will not. I've tried rebooting, removing and then reinserting the SIM card, uninstalling and then reinstalling the apps, and nothing has worked.  

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SMS stopped working on Xperia Z3V immediately after Lollipop update
Racer0018
Enthusiast - Level 2

Reset the phone and it will take care of all the problems with the messaging. For some reason people have had to do this to get it all to work. Backup all your stuff and then do a factory reset and you will have it all back and working. Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mssusthang

I am having the exact same issue.  I did switch to Verizon's Messaging+ app that is installed (but never used) and it seems to work.  I tried several other messaging apps and that is the only one that works.

0 Likes
Mmiller80
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here, I can't get any of the available messaging apps to receive text messages

0 Likes
Strumph
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same exact problem. I don't want to, but have also switched to Verizon's Messaging+ app until a fix can be found.

0 Likes
hshrews
Enthusiast - Level 2

Message+ is working, somewhat, but there are issues with the notifications not working. Check this topic

0 Likes
Strumph
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems like everybody is having the same issue. I found the answer on another thread.

One of the solutions is to do a Factory Data Reset (Settings/Backup & Reset/Factory data reset). I didn't try a Settings reset, so don't know if that works.

0 Likes
revinit

Same problem here.

0 Likes
hshrews
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Strumph Do you have a link to the other thread? Thanks in advance!

I really don't want to do hard reset to fix this

0 Likes
ja79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having an issue where the notifications were showing up for a second or two and went away as if no texts were received.  I was able to fix the issue by Disabling the Messaging+ application in Application Manager and then re-enabling it afterwards.   Notifications are working again. FYI, you should not lose anything by doing this as your texts and SMS messages are stored in the Phone Storage app, not Messaging+.  When you disable an app it will ask you if you want to delete all data and uninstall, but don't worry, nothing will be deleted.

Strumph
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hshrews here's where I saw it: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/905003

As far as having notifications not working I've only got 2 texts today and I got notified. I'm using the stock Messaging app not Message+.

0 Likes