SD card
ibrank

How do I delete stuff off my SD card every time I delete it comes right back are you taking the card out put it in the computer and deleted it and it comes right back I don't want to format the card

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SD card
Snn5
Legend

Some files and folders are automatically re-written to the Internal or External SD card for some apps like LOST.dir, Pictures, Data, DCIM, Android, but personal files that you put there like documents, music, videos, photos, should stay gone if you delete them.

What files or folders are coming back?

0 Likes
ibrank

uploaded vids and MP3 all on SD card tried to del. with phone and usb also took out card and tried on puter always same shows it gone then they re appear?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like you have some auto-sync app enabled.  Is your data higher than normal after you try this on mobile data?  Do you have Google Drive, Verizon Cloud, Microsoft OneDrive, anything like that that might auto sync?

0 Likes
ibrank

nope never set any of them up

0 Likes
ibrank

I know this was a issue before because we had a patch to fix this issue on the S3 so how do I fix this now

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Did you try moving or coping the stuff you want to keep to a computer than reformat the card in the phone then move that good  stuff back on to the card or use a new card?

0 Likes
ibrank

yes I know I can do that not the point I should be able to delete from phone what happens if it gets full and no way to do that this is starting to really pis me off

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Try installing a new card, download some files to it then delete them, reboot the camera to see if they come back. Make sure Wifi and data are turned off, this will rule out any outside communication to your phone even though you said earlier that none of that stuff was ever set up.

ibrank

will try

0 Likes