S5 Overheating
jordan04671
Enthusiast - Level 1

My S5 has been over heating if im on it for 20 minutes or greater at a time. My dim is down relatively low and I mainly only use Messaging and Snapchat. Any tips or anyone else with this issues?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S5 Overheating
Snn5
Legend

This is completely a take it or leave it reply, but I just finished several responses with another individual here with an S4 with 140 degree battery temps.  This seems like a HUGE issue with this phone after the last update.  Outside of endless warranty exchanges Verizon is doing nothing to replace with different phones and Samsung isn't doing much to fix this either.  Depending on your contract period or Edge period left, you may have other options.

Snn5
Legend

The S5s seem to have a very similar issue, so it makes me think it's a Samsung hardware issue connected to how the software updates control said hardware.

jordan04671
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've got over a year of my contract left, I've never had any real problems with the galaxy series, I've had every one since the mesmerize, this is the first time ive reallly had any overheating problems. Would like to see it solved soon

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Consider that you are within the 1 year warranty and ask for an exchange.  If the replacement does the same thing, then you can always try Early Edge to get into a new phone, and based upon your usage and the price you paid for the current phone, it might be better.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jordan04671,

I am so sorry to hear of the issues with your device. Did you notice if this only happens in certain apps? Did this begin after downloading an app or a software update?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes