Re: S5 Lollipop: Same problems everyone else is reporting
eborgva
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed!  My phone is now awful!  I hate it.  And VZW won't do anything about it.  I tried to xfer to the Edge Program, but no dice because of my contract. 

0 Likes
Re: S5 Lollipop: Same problems everyone else is reporting
stef7
Master - Level 2

It could be non-deterministic, because these are not commodity devices. They have different build dates, probably low-level hardware and software differences, but also, people load them up differently.

And/or it could be, it's not the build that's problematic, but the install process. May work for a good portion of the population, and not for others. This is speculative of course, but something peculiar like this may explain why everyone isn't having the same experience.

They don't tell you to uninstall your apps before taking the OTA, or performing a FDR before. Probably doing one or the other improves the probability of success. Probably doing both even more so for a major upgrade.

That would be VERY unpopular to tell people this.

More justification for, if it's not broken or necessary, don't force the OTA on people. Let them dismiss easily once, until an update is a necessary one. Then prepare them properly to take it.

If a person's phone gets borked, there should be a way to go into a corporate VZW location and have them re-flash the device via KIES or ODIN or whatever tool.

0 Likes