S4 lollipop loses signal in building and never recovers
daclarkemobile

SInce the lollipop update every day at work I lose my signal when traveling through one building. Once I'm in cell range again the phone never recovers signal. I have to reboot the phone every time.  Total pain.  Also the texts I didnt get in that time are never received.

So since lollipop update, total lose of signal and missing texts.  What to do?

Its almost like lollipop gives up looking for a signal after so many tries to conserve battery or something.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S4 lollipop loses signal in building and never recovers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
That is very concerning indeed! How long ago did you perform the update? Did this problem happen right away or did it appear later on?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
daclarkemobile

I updated to Lollipop last weekend, and it started acting up the first day I entered an area where the signal was blocked.  Since then I have noticed if I can maintain at least 1 signal bar it will sustain connection.  But if it is in a location with no signal for an unknown period of time, it stops trying to connect to the network and a phone reboot is needed to get cell reception again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
That is definitely strange, Slickpuss. I too would find that really inconvenient. To double check, if you go to Settings>More>Mobile Network>Network Mode or Preferred Mode>Is your phone set to LTE/CDMA or Global? Any difference if you change between the two?

Also, under the Global Data Roaming section, try running your phone under Allow Access For All Trips.

(Also, just in case when this does happen does it help to place your phone in Airplane mode to help recover the network connection?) May be faster to recover connectivity while we review this issue.)

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes