Ringtone volume on my Galaxy S4 goes from max to zero on its own
fubar

Android version is 5.0.1.  I'm missing calls and texts because the ringtone volume decides to slide over toward zero.  Is there a fix or work-around?  Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Frank

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ringtone volume on my Galaxy S4 goes from max to zero on its own
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

emesss1121,

Look no further help has arrived! Let's get your ringtone volume acting right. Does this also happen while the phone is in Safe mode http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-77504/ or when the speakerphone option is enabled? Does it only happen if you have a ringtone set? Have you tried changing the ringtone back to the standard ringer?

Try resetting the settings on the device to the defaults via Settings > Backup and reset > Reset settings. Retest and keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
emesss1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have experienced the same problem on a Galaxy S4 since the lollipop upgrade. There are a number of posts like this. How do we get Verizon to respond?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

emesss1121,

Look no further help has arrived! Let's get your ringtone volume acting right. Does this also happen while the phone is in Safe mode http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-77504/ or when the speakerphone option is enabled? Does it only happen if you have a ringtone set? Have you tried changing the ringtone back to the standard ringer?

Try resetting the settings on the device to the defaults via Settings > Backup and reset > Reset settings. Retest and keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
emesss1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

John,

I did try this, and it seems to have worked.

Couple of caveats, such as having all of the WiFi passwords wiped, and some settings changed; but, the ringer volume has remained where I put it.

Would have marked this Correct, but can't see the button.

Thanks,

0 Likes