Re: Removable battery please?
alandlord
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any phone without a removable battery and a headphone jack is a brick.  And I don't mess with Apple I plug my phone into my PC and it works.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

It's true, updates are forced to you phone by your phone carrier.  But you still have to press the button on your phone to ALLOW the update to download onto your phone.  The Answer is Simple.....Don't Press The Button!....And you won't get the Update!

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I'm not sure if switching to an: Iphone, One Plus or Pixel; is the best option.

#1- If the user is already used to using an Andriod Phone, it may difficult for the user to suddenly make the transition to the Totally Different software of the Iphone.

#2-One Plus Phones are made by a Chinese manufacturer.  And the Chinese have a history of STEALING American Technology as well as spying on their phone users.  So it may not be a good idea to buy a One Plus Phone.

#3- The Pixel Phone actually seems like the best option, out of the 3 choices.  But Pixel Phones have NO EXPANDABLE STORAGE.  Which means: if the customer  is used to saving: music, documents, pictures and videos on their SD Card; they won't be able to do it, If they purchase a Pixel Phone, because Pixel Phones have no expandable storage.

It may be easier for the user to simply not update their current phone.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@JOG0277 wrote:

It's true, updates are forced to you phone by your phone carrier.  But you still have to press the button on your phone to ALLOW the update to download onto your phone.  The Answer is Simple.....Don't Press The Button!....And you won't get the Update!

That would not be a forced update.  

There is no reason NOT to allow updates.  

If your LG is junk after an update (seriously LG is junk before it gets any updates), it's not the update at fault.  LG released half million V20s through Verizon.   Some other brand and models sold even more.  When only a few are faulty after an update, you cannot blame the update or the entire phone line.  

I have been dealing with sealed back phones since the Samsung galaxy S6 came out. I have not had a single update problem with any phone

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

None of those phones have expandable storage.  Can't say I needed more than provided with cloud storage available.  

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

https://www.techspot.com/products/smartphones/lg-v20.150649/

"seriously LG is junk before it gets any updates"

I'm not really sure what your problem is with LG Phones, but the The V20 is an AWESOME Phone.....Feel free to click on the above link and read the reviews.

If you're interested...LG also makes an Awsome Dual Screen Foldable Phone called the G8X Thin-Q.....Feel Free to Google the Reviews on that phone as well....

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@JOG0277 wrote:

https://www.techspot.com/products/smartphones/lg-v20.150649/

"seriously LG is junk before it gets any updates"

I'm not really sure what your problem is with LG Phones, but the The V20 is an AWESOME Phone.....Feel free to click on the above link and read the reviews.

If you're interested...LG also makes an Awsome Dual Screen Foldable Phone called the G8X Thin-Q.....Feel Free to Google the Reviews on that phone as well....

The last truly good LG phone was the LG G3. Every phone since then has had significant issues.   Each one has shot high, and yet has fallen far short. The company's reputation has slipped substantially in all departments, including major appliances, which people are warned not to buy because they will not get warranty service in the United States.   Their mobile devices are getting maybe three or four updates per year, where is Samsung issues security updates almost every month. Aside from the software problems there have been a regular issues with hardware.

LG losses Continue, sales fall 

Your complaint about software updates ruining the phone might go away if you were using another brand.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

The Link you posted is almost 2 years old....A Lot can happen in that time frame..

I'm curious...What make a model cell phones do you currently own?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I'm a junkie in that department.   I own a pixel 4 XL, a Palm, a Samsung A50, and a 1+ 6t.   (Those are just mine). 
I have not owned an LG mobile device in years.  The G3 was ahead of its time.  It's been down hill since then.
Now ask me about Motorola.  They went to 💩 when Lenovo took over.  
I've had a dozen Samsung phones since the S3, never a problem with the brand.  
Ive had each generation of Pixel and 2 1+ phones.  

0 Likes
alandlord
Enthusiast - Level 3

No.  The update is forced.  I'm not pressing a button every day to put it off one day just so the next day I get the same harassing message.

0 Likes