Removable battery please?
alandlord
Enthusiast - Level 3

I need a new cell phone as Verizon and Google have hacked my LG V20 so badly it barely works.

As phones without removable batteries are useless bricks, what else is there?

0 Likes
Re: Removable battery please?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We all rely on our phones to meet our mobile needs, alandlord. Many of us miss the “removable battery days.” What’s going on with the phone that leads you to believe it’s been “hacked?” When did it start happening? In other words, what exactly do you mean by “it barely works?”

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
alandlord
Enthusiast - Level 3

You guys continue to make software changes that make this phone worse and worse to use.  The android operating system now is far worse than the original system this phone had when i bought it.  In chrome the keyboard shuts down on me while typing.  The volume has gotten lower and lower.  And now i have ads that pop up all the time.

Bottom line this thread is about removable batteries.  Any phone without one is a useless brick.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I own an LG V20, and sadly...That is The LAST Flagship phone that will be made with a removable battery.  Manufacturers have learned from Apple, that creating phones with removable batteries decrease their phone sales and profits, because consumers tend to keep their old phones longer if they can simply replace the battery when it goes bad as opposed to buying a new phone.

The current issues you're experiencing with updating your phone software are THE EXACT Reason why I NEVER do any phone updates.  I will occasionally update my phone app software, but I NEVER update my phone's Operational Software.  Because updates almost always cause some type of aggravating technical issue.

My advice to you; purchase a Verizon Unlocked LG V20 (Great Phone!!) at Amazon.com for $349, and NEVER do another OS Upate....Again!!  Android 7.0/Nougat works perfectly.  I've been using mine for years now with No: Malware, Hacking or any other issues....Hope This Helps..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, alandlord. We are very sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with your LG V20 device's keyboard not working correctly with Google Chrome, the volume, and pop-up adds. The software updates are not created by Verizon Wireless but are created by the manufacturer of the device. How long has this keyboard issue been happening with your Google Chrome app? Is the volume being affected using the overall audio of the device, phone calls, or both? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
alandlord
Enthusiast - Level 3

The volume is too low always.  The keyboard issue has been going on for a long time.  The continuous updating of the OS has worn this phone down.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are meant to improve your phone not make it worse, Alandlord. I am sure we will figure this out together. Let us work on one issue at a time. How is your volume if you put your phone call on speakerphone? Has there been any physical or moisture damage to the device? Does your volume improve in a different area? Please tell me more. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
alandlord
Enthusiast - Level 3

OS updates are forced.  How would you NOT do them?  They are FORCED on your phone.

0 Likes
alandlord
Enthusiast - Level 3

The phone is quiet but that problem is not a big one.

The phone is slow and has issues with the 8.0 OS that was forced on it.

I have had 2 viruses now that have required resetting which both times has caused hundreds of contacts to be lost.

Of course there hasn't been damage.  I have 3 V20s all have the same issues.  My fiance had a V20 she gave up on it.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The problem is more that you bought an LG, not the updates. If you really want to avoid any further problems purchase a phone who's updates do not go through the carrier. Pixel, iPhone, one plus.   These are phones that will work on Verizon, but the updates are coming directly from the manufacturer and are not altered. I have never had a faulty update

0 Likes