Reimbursement for destroyed property
Crockett67

Anyone at Verizon wish to tell me when I can expect a full refund for myself and my wife. Thanks to lollipop our 1k phone investment is shot. When the Crapdate first popped up and hit us I got lucky enough to have a faulty screen on my LG and got my phone replaced via insurance. I avoided the constant barrage of update requests for months yet mysteriously this morning our  only decent working phone updated itself. Back to owning garbage.

This is not only shoddy business Verizon it borders on destruction of personal property. If management at Verizon doesn't have the guts to go up against Google for this garbage then at least find a way to allow us to roll back. Its a catch 22 all the way around. Root your phone and lose your warranty, keep the lollipop Crapdate and own a pile of useless plastic. Perhaps my lawyer can find grounds for a lawsuit to get my money back on these phones.

I'm sure one of you fine customer support folks will say "Oh it's a great update let us help you fix your issues" are you going to fix a lightspeed draining battery or stop apps from crashing? Can you fix the now disgusting color scheme for me or perhaps make my phone stop randomly going to 1x...its a 4g for God's sake. Will you perhaps make my volume level bearable again? No you won't, you can't, we already tried all the useless suggestions the first go around.

The fact of the matter is YOU as a company allowed this update..no.... FORCED this update on millions of people and gave them no choice in the matter and because of it rendered what was great equipment paid for by the public loathesome and useless. Feeble attempts to trick or tweak my phone into working again is not acceptable,  we shouldn't have to in the first place. About the only acceptable solution in my opinion is to send out replacement phones with the auto update permanently disabled. What ever happened to customer satisfaction, do you have a tweak for that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Reimbursement for destroyed property
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you perform a factory reset before or after the update?

Crockett67

All that does is wipe your phone tried it before on the original update. Once the phone comes back online lollipop is still there. The made the update inescapable.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Yes, I know you can't get rid of the update once it's on there. The point of a factory reset isn't to get rid of it, but to help your phone function. I've found it's helped more folks than it hasn't when done properly.

Snn5
Legend

I'd suggest something, which a lot of people say they have already done, but I know they haven't because they'd never think to try this, and also...they never come back and post that it didn't work after trying it.

Factory Reset IS the best method, however, disabling backup and reset and disabling automatic restore of apps and app data is the trick people don't think about.  Having suggested this 98 times in 5.5 months and having only 1 person say that it did not work for them, I'm confident in the method.  Kit Kat apps had a habit of not optimizing to the Lollipop environment because there were major changes in how apps ran and operated.  Restoring old data just perpetuated the issues.  Starting completely fresh with all new app downloads seems to be the best method.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I finally got around to doing a factory reset and it fixed my keyboard error message that I'd get daily and a couple other little things but now my battery drains faster - I have to charge it almost every night and the Android OS and Android System are always at the top of the battery use where as before they weren't even in the top 5.

I think it's just a matter of trading one evil for another. No phone is going to work flawlessly and without some type of error eventually, but a factory reset will usually put you on the right path towards perfection.

One day I'll get around to doing another factory reset, but I was trying to hold off until 5.1 came out, if it ever does for the S5.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, Android M is right around the corner so, the incremental updates may be sparse to non-existent for LP going further.  Even LG is skipping 5.1 and going to M.  I am running 5.0.2 on my LG G2.  Flawless.  FDR with disabling of restore is the first thing I do every time I get an update to the OS.  Everything is backed up already media. file, picture, music-wise and I don't mind starting fresh to prevent issues, so for me, this takes no time at all to get back up and running.

0 Likes
Crockett67

When the update first hit us I did a factory reset on both phones. There was no change in the phones performance. I've tried any and all suggested fixed with no results.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What sort of performance issues is it having?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

When you do that reset, make sure to disable the backup and restore.  You should be fine.