Re: Razr M Ringtone list
Toma2

Thank you for your help. I downloaded Zedge & that works fine for me. At least I can assign ringtones to either: ringtone or notifications......This way is easiest for me, since I am so new to a phone thats smarter than me...LOL.

0 Likes
Toma2

Sorry to be so stupid about this, but I have a question before I download the app. Once the app for "drop box" is downloaded how do you get the ringtone to your lists or does it do it automatically? Sorry, I'm new to this..... Appreciate your patience...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey that's Cool i hope Enjoy and Get some of those Halloween Tones there weary creepy!! b33

0 Likes
Cali66

From what I've read I don't think you can set an individual ringtone for text messages.  Is that true?!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Cali66 wrote:

From what I've read I don't think you can set an individual ringtone for text messages.  Is that true?!

Are you looking for individual contact notification tones for text messages? If so, then you need to use a third party application from the Play Store. The native text message doesn't support it.

As for custom tones for all notifications, you just need to add your tones to the notification folder in the phone's storage space and the phone will recognize and add them to the notification tone selection list.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yes what Ann Said!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Once you download files to your device you can move the files the same way you would on a desktop, just browse to where the files was downloaded and copy files and then paste them in the correct directory..

0 Likes
Toma2

Excellent...worked like a charm.... Thank you so much for all your help

0 Likes
Cali66

Hi Ann thanks for you response sorry to keep buggin but I'm all new to this, this is my first smartphone.

So, in response to your answer I am trying to add a ringtone to individuals for when they text me.  I know I can do it when they call but it only lets me do 1 tone for all text messages.  But according to what you've replied I can actually do it for texting as well?! 

You replied that I have to use a third party app from the play store but I'm not sure what a  3rd party app is or how to do it(i at least know how to get to the play store..lol

but that's about it)?!  I assume the screen shot you attached is how I do it?  Do I need to get one of those sd cards or whatever they're called first?

Oh and Ann, I see they're sim cards and sd cards...which one if i need one would i or should i get?

0 Likes
Cali66

Hi B33, I just keep addding and adding..lol!! One of the BIGGEST reason I bought this phone was I thought w/in the phone it's self I was going to be able to apply individual ring tones to my peeps text messages...and was not real happy when I couldn't find it in the phone and was told by someone you could so that's part of will a big reason why I got Razr M.. But as I'm seeing from you and Ann it is possible...you both are God sends

... When I started to download Zedge a screen popps up asking what I want to open it w/Google chrome or play store...which one should I select?  And as Imentioned before to Ann, do I need to get 1 of those sim or sd cards first?  And if so which 1 should I get or what's the big diference?  Thanks all of you for all your help!!!!  So glad there's peeps out here like you guys that are more then happy to lend a hand. You guys are rock stars in my book!!!

Hey B33, did you read through all this?  I had another question in here.  Can you please let me know your thoughts on it?  I very much appreciate all your help!!!

0 Likes