Re: RAZR M kitkat  signal fix?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying, ozarkmiss. We want you to have a smooth working phone to enjoy all it's features. Please go to Settings>WiFi>Advanced Options>WiFi frequency band>Choose the 5GHz only option. Also, please follow the steps at http://vz.to/T7qwIB and let us know what you see for the dBm values for signal strengths.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: RAZR M kitkat signal fix?
DrGibs
Enthusiast - Level 2

the problem is that in the kitkat update they have the power levels turned all the way down for both wifi and cellular, there is an app that can turn it up a notch, but why do we have to rely on a thirdparty app to turn our tx/rx power back up a little bit? they should of never messed with the rx/tx and wifi power settings period! who ever made the firmware needs to correct this problem asap! i live out in the country so i need all the signal i can get. who made the firmware so i know who to directly complain to in order to correct this problem for all of us who are suffering through the kitkat downgrade.

ozarkmiss
Enthusiast - Level 3

i'm in the country too and knew what my limitations were before the downgrade.  some interesting revelations with troubleshooting...  when wifi is turned off, data signal increases.   hmmnn.  is this on purpose to try and push us on their network?

Was just on with tier I.  She kept insisting their were no issues with my signal to their network - the issue was with my router she said.  HA.      until she called me back on mobile and could not have a conversation with me b/c of NO SIGNAL.

ozarkmiss
Enthusiast - Level 3

oh and thank you so very much DrG.  I'm going to go look for that 3rd party app.

DrGibs
Enthusiast - Level 2

yep noproblemoin man, it doesn't turn it up all the way but it does double what you are getting now, i went from high 20's on the db to low 70's/mid 60's with the app on.

ozarkmiss
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know lots are reading this thread because they have same issue.  thought I'd report back latest.  All third party apps I tried to boost would just refresh the signal (and that wouldn't last long).  I can't figure out how to turn back up the power on the dials - so to speak.

I made it to a good Tier 2 support person.  After just a little trouble shooting she admitted there are others reporting same issue  and that it probably wasn't my settings/local network = O Rly?.    She did read notes  that patch is in the works.  No ETA. 

in meantime she wants new SIM for me and factory reboot.

No thanks on the factory reset.  Bring on the patch.  At least I got someone to admit. "known issue"

DrGibs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sweet! thanks for the good news! now i guess its just a waiting game.

0 Likes
hemedid
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can I receive notification when a patch is available to resolve the issues created by the kitkat upgrade? I received a replacement phone from Verizon without kitkat, but I receive notice every 12 hours to install the update. I,m not about to go through that again so I keep checking "install later"

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hemedid,

Thanks for reaching out to us today. That is a very good question. You can always sign up for e-mail alerts from Verizon Wireless about latest news and software updates. You can get that set up by following this link: http://bit.ly/dDumph

KevinR_VZw
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ozarkmiss
Enthusiast - Level 3

to circle back.  am getting new phone as advised by other forum user here.  He also advised how to get on upgrade suppression list once new phone arrives.

"you nailed it @RazrM-user1  . I have a RAZR M.    I just called Motorola and I didn't have to go through any 'fixits'.  they are sending new phone.  I gave them long list of complaints; battery, hot, wifi AND data signal loss, not able to send/recieve some texts etc.  I also jumped right out and said I had already done the FDR, clear Cache, safe mode etc (had not done all,  but so what.  from what I read EVERYWHERE, nothing fixes)

was put on hold for 1 minute and was told they are shipping out new phone.  voila!

(I am not out of warranty - and do have electronic verizon receipt -  yet they showed me out of warranty.  No prob though, they  extended it anyway.  No charge to me to get replacement)

Way Way Way better experience than dealing with verizon support. Entire call to Motorola took 5 minutes and they acknowledge prob and sending another phone.  So thanks to you RazrM."