RAZR M kitkat signal fix?
ozarkmiss
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've waded through hundreds of comments here and elsewhere looking for a fix.  Since kitkat my wifi and radio signal strength are mostly unusable when they were fine before. (ie I CAN'T USE MY PHONE)   Yes there are other  probs, but removal of signal strength is absolutely unacceptable.  I've tired safe mode, soft reboot just about everything I've read here and elsewhere except factory restore because I've yet to read where it has helped one person aside from a verizon employee in this community. 

Is there a fix?  I seem to think not.  4.4.3 a rumor?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: RAZR M kitkat signal fix?
ozarkmiss
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know lots are reading this thread because they have same issue.  thought I'd report back latest.  All third party apps I tried to boost would just refresh the signal (and that wouldn't last long).  I can't figure out how to turn back up the power on the dials - so to speak.

I made it to a good Tier 2 support person.  After just a little trouble shooting she admitted there are others reporting same issue  and that it probably wasn't my settings/local network = O Rly?.    She did read notes  that patch is in the works.  No ETA. 

in meantime she wants new SIM for me and factory reboot.

No thanks on the factory reset.  Bring on the patch.  At least I got someone to admit. "known issue"

View solution in original post

ozarkmiss
Enthusiast - Level 3

also...   from what I read here, I don't expect any fixes that fix.  I just want my issues logged in case there are metrics that will help push for a universal fix through another 'upgrade'

0 Likes
Re: RAZR M kitkat  signal fix?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely understand that signal strength for both wireless and wifi are very important. I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties after the update. Is this happening in more than one area and wifi source?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
ozarkmiss
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes.  for wifi my signal has dropped to one bar while at my home while looking at the router.  at my boyfriend's house i get NO wifi signal while I got 3 bars prior to KK.  I have tried 'forgetting' and all other suggesstions posted.  This is endemic to the 4.4.2

As for cellular signal I now have zero connectivity from home.  Cannot even push a text.  (signal at home was weak prior to downgrade but at least it would toggle between 1x and 3g.)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details ozarkmiss. What zip codes are these locations? Indoor locations can present obstacles for signal penetration; however, this should not affect wifi. Have you tried removing and readding the wifi connections?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
ozarkmiss
Enthusiast - Level 3

I never had issues with wifi or cell signal strength before the kitkat downgrade.  I have had this phone for about a year.  I knew very well what it's limitations are.  And yes, as stated previously, I have removed and readded the wifi.  

DrGibs
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have the exact same problem and so do many many more who got the kitkat update, i used to have full wifi signal before kitkat, now i have 1 bar, and the same goes for the cellular signal, i used to have 4 bars on that before kitkat now i only have 1 bar and i have been missing important calls because of it, you have to have this issue fixed or there will be a lawsuit filed if it hasn't been filed already. 

0 Likes
ozarkmiss
Enthusiast - Level 3

thanks for chiming in Dr.Gibs.  I am fairly confident the verizon support folks do NOT have a fix and are following their polite scripts.  But I am here and glad you are  here  to continue to be a voice in the community that our phones are broken and verizon should be aggressively  pursuing a true fix.  This message would save us all a lot of time;   "we are aware there are issues with 4.4.2 and we expect a patch to fix these xyz  issues...... we really appreciate your patience and understand how inconvient this is".

"Have you turned it on and off"  is just silly.

After reading through oodles of polite suggestions for fixes I certainly know better than to waste my time and their's  calling them (some report 2.5 hours of tier 1 fixits that don't work) ...............DrGibs

hemedid
Enthusiast - Level 2

The upgrade causes a conflict of bluetooth and wifi. Turn off your bluetooth, reset your phone, and it works. Have your provider get you a replacement phone without kit kat update.

0 Likes
ozarkmiss
Enthusiast - Level 3

bluetooth is off.  I've also turned it on and off.  I never use it anyway.  but thanks for the advice about asking for a new/old phone.  Think I need to wade through hours of 'turn this on and off' before they will send me one?  Any advice appreciated.

0 Likes