Phone will not charge
benengle

I recently had to have my screen replaced in my phone. Everything was working fine for about a week. One night I placed phone on charge and the next morning the battery was in the red and only 3%. I tried charging again and the phone says please connect to charger. Still not charging. Tried my wife's charger with no results. I can only use this phone now if it is connected to my PC. I did the device health check and it the battery is good. There is no damage to the charging port and the charger holds in tightly. What can I do now short of purchasing a new phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone will not charge
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone in question? Does the device charge while connected to the PC? Is the USB port free of dust? If your phone was repaired by a third party shop, you may want to have them make sure that the device was assembled properly and not damaged during repair.

th.jpg

The most important pins in the USB port are the two at the furthest part of the port. Those two should be unblocked to allow power to flow. Your VCC is +5V, your GND is the return power for the 5V and the phone ground. Data- and Data+ is used for transferring data between a PC, and does not carry power. The unlabeled port is a mode detect PIN, commonly used to determine how the port should send data, or used to determine how much power the phone can pull from the wall.

0 Likes
benengle

It's the Droid Maxx. It will not charge but up to 4% by PC and it still not indicating that it's charging. The charging port is clean and does not appear to be damaged, but I don't know for sure. It did work fine for about a week after the repair. Thanks for your reply.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the inconvenience, your efforts are greatly appreciated. Was your screen replaced by Motorola?
AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes