Phone features activating while talking (Casio Commando)
rc109a

Maybe it is me, but when I am talking on the phone and if my face touches the screen, then it starts activating different functions inadvertent.  Is this normal?  It will start apps or change the screens and then will disconnect.  How do I prevent this other then moving the phone far away from my cheek?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone features activating while talking (Casio Commando)
Dabeatnik

The commando is a horrible phone, it only works well in an area with great service and the wifi sucks on it. Also it's a new phone and the verizon people dont really know a thing about it, help is only going to come from more people complaining and them pretending to have done research to make the next version better.

My only suggestion would be to lock the screen while you talk or cut the timeout to 30sec, because there is an option to make the power button end the call so I wouldnt select that.

0 Likes
rc109a

So is this normal or no one has seen this before?

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

This is not normal. Is your phone's screen turning black when you put it to your ear? Or does it stay lit up? Is anyone else experiencing this issue? If so, we can submit a Product Issue Form back to Casio and have this issue investigated. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes
kkm77386

I am having this issue also. I think it happens when the screen is black. My screen is set for 30 seconds. When I am on a call and another call comes in, it automatically switches to the incoming call. I have to warn the original caller that it might happen. I have tried remaining totally still and not saying a word, but it still happens. There's no warning. You're talking to one person and another person answers.

0 Likes
Long-live-cowboys

Yea im having the same problem. Plus I was told that my phone would sync to facebook, but still nothing. Im tired of big companies, with poor quality. Back up your product Verizon !

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello community!

Thank you for all of your posts. Long-live-cowboys, we do not want you to feel like we are not standing by our products. I know that you want all of the features of your phone to function correctly. There have been software updates to the phone that improved the proximity sensor. I would ask you to make sure the software is the most current version. I will include the steps. The current version of software for the device is C771M100.

Here are the steps to check and update your software: http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/commando.html

Thank you!

Katie H

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes