Phone discharging while plugged in at night
Oceras

I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Note II (grey). In my case the phone didn't discharge completely.. When I plug the phone into my laptop (usb 2 port), which is connected to a wall socket, the phone recharges just fine. It also recharges in my car. I'd also like to know what gives.

<Post branched to a new discussion for more exposure.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone discharging while plugged in at night, battery dead in the morning
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Oceras. I am jealous to hear that you have the Samsung Note 2.  I think when I am upgrade eligible I'll get my hands on that too.

I am sorry to hear about the charging issues you are having.  It is odd that it charges fine in your car and in your laptop port. Is it only one outlet giving you problems? have you tried different outlets? Have you tried different chargers?

Please provide additional details and we can continue to assist.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Phone discharging while plugged in at night
OwossoBob

Check your cable. My DROID INCREDIBLE 4G LTE came with a bad cable. Happened to a friend also. It was replaced free under warranty.

0 Likes
Re: Phone discharging while plugged in at night
Oceras

Thanks for your response, Nick. I love my phone, and I know you would love it, too. I have tried any number of diferent outlets, and all do the same discharging. I have tried two different chargers, the one that came with the phone and another one I had lying around. I'm tempted to think that maybe the charger that came with the phone is defective. It's easier than thinking the wiring in my house is defective. :>)What do you think?

Steve

<Personal information from email signature removed for privacy per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
fvlchek

Hey there CS -- I too have the NOTE II and have this same issue.  I have been through 2 phones and 3 brand new chargers.  This appears to be a design flaw in the charging port.  I now can only charge from my car charger.  Please let me know what the process for getting and updated/new charger or phone is.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fvlchek, we want this issue to be duplicated with you too! I can address your equipment concerns. Your device is covered by a one year manufacturer warranty. We will provide you the same make/model device that you currently have. We recommend that you bring your device into a store to have it evaluated. http://vz.to/1aDzA92 If we're unable to resolve this issue after troubleshooting, then we will provide you with a replacement device as long as there's no physical or liquid damage.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes