Re: Petition for KitKat on S4, Note 3, LG G2 (4.4 update)
stanleybb50
Enthusiast - Level 2

^^^Seriously?  Why are some people all tough and aggressive on forums for no reason...?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Blazer0981 wrote:

I agree. I've had kitkat on my G2 for 12 days now and I'm not sure  what I am supposed to get excited about. What life changing improvements did I get? What was added that made people mad they had to wait 6 weeks longer than at&t customers?

Brian300835
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is not that we were bitching about Kit Kat. Though there are some features that were not in JB. Google Wallet anyone? How about NFC emulation just to name a couple.

Customers were bitching at Verizon for not even trying to keep customers informed. Verizon has no transparency in how updates are rolled out. Some CS Reps will say one thing, another will say something else.

Then on top of it, VZW itself has commented on these forums blaming the manufacturer that they did not receive the coded update. That is a flat out lie when the code was already sent, which LG confirmed back in January/February.

We have a right to know when updates are coming. The S3/4 still HAS NOT gotten Kit Kat. There is a serious lack of direction at Verizon regarding updates, especially when they used the S5 as a marketing gimmick to get people to update so they could have Kit Kat.

Now explain to me how that is right that Verizon uses gimmick marketing to get people to update?  Answer: It is not!

Klue
Master - Level 1

BrianLG-G2 wrote

"We have a right to know when updates are coming. The S3/4 still HAS NOT gotten Kit Kat"

Kit Kat has been available for the S4 for about a couple of weeks now.

0 Likes
JesGomez7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Some of us really do need the update.  There is a bluetooth bug that is preventing me from using my devices.

Not applicable

BrianLG it WAS about the update being late. If Verizon had communicated in February that it would be mid April before you got KitKat on the G2 you guys would have had a fit.

0 Likes
XEROX6947
Enthusiast - Level 3

4.2.2 is where I am stuck. I came from an s3 that had 4.3 on another carrier.  Need minimum 4.3 to run some bt 4.0 devices.  Couldn't understand why my devices worked on my old 4.3 s3 and not my new s4 mini. . .

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

KitKat brings on a bunch of performance enhancements and security updates. Just because the UI didn't change much doesn't mean the update wasn't worth a damn. Sure, us regular folk wouldn't see much of a difference with KitKat, but developers go crazy over KitKat and any future updates because they know so much more in detail about them than we do.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I didn't say the update wasn't worth anything. I'm saying people were having conniptions because they acted like they were missing out on something. All I'm asking is what did they miss out on for 6 weeks that was worth all the stress they put themselves through worrying about not having kitkat?

0 Likes
lucealot
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ummm my LG G2 had several annoying glitches. The worst of which was android

OS was using up about 2GB of data in the background each month. also, the

GPS services don't needlessly burn my battery up anymore. Also, the phone

is much snappier now. Keyboard doesn't lag no matter how fast I type.

Waiting on Verizon for unknown reasons to release the update was extremely

annoying as usual. If I weren't on a family plan I'd drop them. My

apologies to all of the s4 and note 3 owners out there. Here's to hoping

something forces Verizon to change!