Lolwut

When can I expect this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Oreo update for LG G6
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Bwahahahahaha!

We are still waiting on the Nougat update on the LG V10. LG is terrible about updates. You may never see anything new than what you already have.

stef7
Master - Level 2

I'm not sure it is true that LG is terrible about updates. Google the issue - however, I think you probably have a point about updates on our carrier. It seems products on other carriers get updates far sooner, when we either suffer long delays, or we don't receive them at all. I'm not sure why this is so.

0 Likes
joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

stef7 wrote:

I'm not sure it is true that LG is terrible about updates.

The LG V30 shipped with Nougat a month after Oreo was released.  Nearly five months later all the carrier variants are still on Nougat.

The Motorola Z2 Force was released a month before Oreo.  Guess which OS the Verizon model currently has? Hint: it starts with O.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having your device on the latest software is a must. We do not have an ETA on the roll out just yet from Android, but you can check for the status here: http://vz.to/2Efi2uj

Does this help?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I KNOW that LG is terrible about updates.

The V10 shipped with Android 5. I bought it the day after it was available on October 31, 2015. Shortly after, Spring of 2016, I got 6.0. When I got 6.0 it wasn't even Google's latest version of that software as 6.0.1 was available 3 months before LG pushed 6.0 to its most expensive phone at the time. A few months after 6.0 was pushed, 7.0 was made available by Google. That was summer of 2016. Now, 8.0 has been available for quite a while and the V10 is still on 6.0.

Google it.

0 Likes
joshcali

Um.... the V10 already has Nougat from LG so I don't think it's LG that's the problem

It was first released in South Korea back in late may 2017..

TMobile got it in July of 2017.

I was waiting but verizon never seemed to release it.

Isn't it up to the carriers to release their custom version of the OS once it's been finished by LG? If LG hadn't released the v10 Nougat, how are all the other carriers getting it?

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

joshcali wrote:

Um.... the V10 already has Nougat from LG so I don't think it's LG that's the problem

Isn't it up to the carriers to release their custom version of the OS once it's been finished by LG? If LG hadn't released the v10 Nougat, how are all the other carriers getting it?

Verizon never got Nougat for the V10 nor will it. The V10 is already ore than 2 years old.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

joshcali wrote:

LG said the V10 wouldn't get it, but then almost 8 months later changed it mind...  Notice LG said it wouldn't, but then changed their mind.  During all that time they didn't work on an update until that point.  So what does that tell you?  It isn't up to the carriers it's up to the OEMs.  If they make it carriers will release it.  Carriers don't make money off devices.  They make money off the services.  They make the same amount if you had an iPhone or a V10 no matter what OS version.  This was testified in court by carriers and also admitted by OEMs.  Something to think about.

joshcali

"It isn't up to the carriers it's up to the OEMs.  If they make it carriers will release it."

Well, the lg V10 got nougat... so LG obviously made it. Looks like T-Mobile got on the ball and made their version but verizon didn't.

I think the way it works is

1- Google creates new android version

2- Manufacturer modifies it for their phones
3- carrier makes their custom version with their software (my verizon, etc...).

In this case...
We know #1, google created Nougat and released it.
We know #2 because T-Mobile and lots of other carriers released Nougat for the V10, so obviously LG made a version

What looks like it failed is #3. Verizon didn't make their custom version with their software for the V10.

0 Likes