Re: ByRe: Oneplus 8 update to Android 11 and oxygen 11
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, billpl2309, we understand your concern about the Android 11 update for your device and want to help. If you don't mind us asking, are you experiencing any issues with your device? Please elaborate more so we can be on the same page.

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
billpl2309
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, not having any issues at the moment. But, would like an ETA at least for Verizon on releasing the Android 11 update for the Verizon version on the OnePlus 8 5G uw.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There are a number of factors that go into when that gets released. First, it goes through Google. Then it goes to the manufacturer of the phone. After that Verizon will try to make sure as many bugs as possible are gone before releasing it.

0 Likes
PhilW1983
Enthusiast - Level 2

Been waiting for the update as well. I almost regret buying the Verizon model of the phone since so many others already have the oxygen 11 update. Also kind of socks Verizon in lagging behind in 5g , had it in a few places and speeds were slower the 4g. Pay a higher price and getting less service is al,lst not worth it when others are catching up and releasing updates much faster. Really pondering TMobile as I hknow several loyal Verizon people that have switched and have just as good or better brokerage for a fraction of cost AND actually get their updates timely. Verizon is not the same that it use to be and as of right now its going in a direction it shouldn't. 

rysand
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's ridiculous older models of the phone have the update already.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PhilW1983, we want to make sure you are still getting the best Verizon experience. Please, Private Message us anytime for live agent support. - NicholasS_VZW

0 Likes
Hashmal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon takes more steps to lock down devices than other carriers, and they're often pretty slow to get out new Android versions.

I paid extra for the UW variant of this phone, and had to sacrifice expandable storage in the process, and yet in spite of living in a nominal 5G area my mobile speeds are pretty meh, and the cell modem is pretty glitchy when it comes to handoff. I often have to cycle Mobile Data (or reboot) to get my apps to reconnect when I walk out of my home WiFi coverage.

I wish you guys would be more transparent or, more importantly less shady and less insistent on loading good OEM phones down with proprietary hardware and firmware variants.

I'd like you to tell us a date, and if you don't have one I don't want to hear the spin. Of course you have a software validation process, so does everyone else. Acknowledge that you're moving slower, and don't claim that your version will be better or less buggy, because that's not my experience with Verizon variant phones and I doubt you want to be held to that promise.

PhilW1983
Enthusiast - Level 2

What's the point when all your going to say is "we have to wait for Google and the manufacturer", even though both have already released it and we're waiting on verizon. Just amazing verizon had a great network and now others are blowing them away and they use to be number 1 for updates, but others are blowing them away on that as well. Guess pay extra and get number 2 now. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how eager you are for the update on your device. You can stay updated with our currently available software here: https://www.verizon.com/support/software-updates/

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
PhilW1983
Enthusiast - Level 2

Or I can pay less, switch companies that actually provides updates and 5g which seems to be the general consensus. Again the link you provided doesn't show anything other than the current update I'm on. It obvious that when someone doesn't know the answer with Verizon they give you a load of it. If I ran my business this way I would be out of business. Thanks for nothing again!