Oneplus 8 update to Android 11 and oxygen 11
doughzimm
Enthusiast - Level 2

How come Verizon oneplus 8s are not being updated to the latest operating systems? 

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Oneplus 8 update to Android 11 and oxygen 11
dylanm2001
Enthusiast - Level 1

What does that have to do with anything? We're not talking about connectivity issues here. We're talking about the lack of OS updates in a timely manner as well as the lack of clear communication regarding the status of them. Do you even know basic reading comprehension?

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Which update are you trying to download on the device? Is your device battery life at 50% and connected to Wi-Fi? TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
Dstone3si
Enthusiast - Level 1

The question was. When will Android 11 be r available for the OnePlus 8 on Verizon?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

In this case, we would not have a date for when the update for the phone will be available, as this is determined by the manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to them directly.

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
ByRe: Oneplus 8 update to Android 11 and oxygen 11
Matterobinson
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's garbage. Verizon installed their own update service on the one plus 8 uw. OnePlus has had Android 11 out for quite awhile on the 8 series and now even the 7 series. So again, when will Verizon show some love for the oneplus 8 5G UW that they saw fit to lock down so heavily. 

Re: ByRe: Oneplus 8 update to Android 11 and oxygen 11
billpl2309
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too would like to know since I have the Verizon OnePlus 8 as well. When will Verizon release the update to Android 11? If Verizon doesn't feel they should release the update due to the sales for the Verizon version of the Oneplus 8 sales not being good then Verizon should replace all the OnePlus 8 phones they sold and replace them with new phones of our choice at Verizon's expense. 

Please don't tell me we have to wait for the manufacture to release the update. That's garbage!

Re: ByOneplus 8 update to Android 11 and oxygen 11
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to aid in any way that we can. Please send us a Private Note to proceed.

0 Likes
Dongivadam
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you by chance find an answer to the 11 update. Or do you know if we can just d.l. straight from OnePlus? Been having Soo many issues with the phone since April. The 11 update is a last ditch effort for me before I just go too T-Mobile. Hate too as Vzw customer for 8+yrs but there not the same vzw anymore. Thanks.  

billpl2309
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am waiting for Verizon to provide us with information to Android 11. I don't know why VZW isn't providing us with feedback for the update. It would be nice if we could get the update from OnePlus instead of waiting on VZW. But I guess since the OnePlus 8 5G UW is a Verizon phone we are at their mercy.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to read that you're having issues with your device, and we want to help. We don't have an estimated time for this update, but we can help you troubleshoot the device. Tell us, what is the device doing?

0 Likes