Re: Oneplus 6t MMS not working after updating to android 10
AOLMEDA

Thank you for the response. No, I have not gone to a Verizon store to get a new SIM card. I don't know know if Verizon stores are open at this time with the crazyness going on right now. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information. Did the problem start after the device moved to Android 10, or was the device always on Android 10?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
KeyserSoze22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally found the fix/reason for this! (At least for me)

MMS Incoming fix on 6T on Verizon.

It has something to do with the SMSC not being configured correctly, which from what I read shouldn't mess with anything MMS which is APN related, but idk, apparently it does for some reason.

Obviously have CDMA-less and HD-Voice enabled. Working with WiFi and LTE separate and together.

Here's what finally worked for me and the steps I took.

You may have to restart and try the same thing over and over again, but that was because I was changing and confirming what did and didn't work. I got it working once, but then changed something else making it not work again. So now I knew it could be done!

***Remember to screenshot any settings before you change it, not everything has a default config***

This is my systematic repair:

1: Get some way to quickly test group MMS for any change you do during this. I installed Google Voice or just get another type of texting app that has MMS and can use a separate number than yours so you don't have to wait on someone sending an MMS to verify.

2: Set the Default Messages app as Default. Go to settings. Configure your Group MMS and your SMSC #s to just your phone number, i.e. 5554448888. No special characters or the +1#.

3: Reset APN settings to default. Restart Phone.

4: Go to Phone Info from the Phone dial pad. Paste *#*#4636#*#* or *#*#INFO#*#* in the dialer pad. Here scroll to the bottom of the page. Refresh the SMSC and confirm that the SMSC # reads like this with the quotes but with your #: "5554448888",129 Then Update when it's right. The last numbers after the comma may be different depending on your settings when you update it DO NOT PUT THE +1# ANYWHERE.

5: Click the Trigger Carrier Provisioning button above the SMSC #. (I don't actually know if this does anything or not but I've been doing it)

6: Check again that Steps 2 & 4 are still how you set them and do Step 5 after checking.

7: Restart Phone.

8: APN settings should now be greyed out and that's when it should be working. Idk if it's immediate or I had to wait for them to be greyed out but after the restart they were.

9: Test and wait, With the Google Voice MMS test it was taking a few extra seconds to send and receive doing some work in the background or something. You may need to repeat these steps a few times but it's something around the SMSC # and it becoming misconfigured.

Anyways, I hope this helps someone as I didn't have to get a new SIM Card for this to work and My MMS is finally working now.

0 Likes
KeyserSoze22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also note, this solution is for getting Google Messages and Signal MMS which are confirmed working. It probably fixes most all Message apps. 

0 Likes
KeyserSoze22
Enthusiast - Level 2

***Apparently there is no way to edit posts after 5 minutes so I am adding an updated solution post with a bit clearer information below.***

Finally found the fix/reason for this! (At least for me)

MMS Incoming fix on 6T on Verizon.
Google Messages and Signal MMS confirmed working.

It has something to do with the SMSC not being configured correctly, which from what I read shouldn't mess with anything MMS which is APN related, but idk, apparently it does for some reason.

Obviously have CDMA-less and HD-Voice enabled. Working with WiFi and LTE separate and together.

Here's what finally worked for me and the steps I took.

You may have to restart and try the same thing over and over again, but that was because I was changing and confirming what did and didn't work. I got it working once, but then changed something else making it not work again. So now I knew it could be done!

***Remember to screenshot any settings before you change it, not everything has a default config***

This is my systematic repair:

1: Get some way to quickly test group MMS for any change you do during this. I installed Google Voice or just get another type of texting app that has MMS and can use a separate number than yours so you don't have to wait on someone sending an MMS to verify.

2: Set the OnePlus Messages app as Default app until after Step 8. Go to settings. Configure your Group MMS and your SMSC #s to just your phone number, i.e. 5554448888. No special characters or the +1#.

3: Reset APN settings to default. Restart Phone.

4: Go to Phone Info from the Phone dial pad. Paste *#*#4636#*#* or *#*#INFO#*#* in the dialer pad. Here scroll to the bottom of the page. Refresh the SMSC and confirm that the SMSC # reads like this with the quotes but with your #: "5554448888",129 Then Update when it's right. The last numbers after the comma may be different depending on your settings when you update it DO NOT PUT THE +1# ANYWHERE.

5: Click the Trigger Carrier Provisioning button above the SMSC #. (I don't actually know if this does anything or not but I've been doing it)

6: Check again that Steps 2 & 4 are still how you set them and do Step 5 after checking.

7: Restart Phone.

8: APN settings should now be greyed out and that's when it should be working. Idk if it's immediate or I had to wait for them to be greyed out but after the restart they were.

9: Change from OnePlus Messages app to Google Messages or other MMS app. Test and wait, With the Google Voice MMS test it was taking a few extra seconds to send and receive doing some work in the background or something. You may need to repeat these steps a few times but it's something around the SMSC # and it becoming misconfigured.

Anyways, I hope this helps someone as I didn't have to get a new SIM Card for this to work and My MMS is finally working now.

Updating my post to make it a bit more clear. This solution has worked for me in getting Google Messages and Signal MMS which are confirmed working on my end. The OnePlus Messages app only needs to be set Default because it has the ability to change the SMSC #. It probably fixes most all MMS in Messaging apps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing what worked well. If you'd like support, we'll be here to help. - Carter 

0 Likes