Re: Official Samsung Pay Thread
Tidbits
Legend

If they were block something then it would affect everyone. Easier explanation which happens and very common... DNA servers haven't reflect changes yet and that could take days to weeks to fully reflect the change.

0 Likes
cav22
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its alive.... It has DNA... Think you meant DNS...

pcconley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good thinking. I wouldn't put it past Verizon to block it somehow. I disabled Mobile data completely and went WiFi only. Same error.

This phone doubles as my work phone, so I'm thinking there is some encryption that is blocking this (maybe).

Samsung support was supposed to call me back at 12:10 to see if reinstalling helped. They are an hour late on their promise.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Auto-Correct for the win?

Anyway this error happened during beta for a lot of users. And on release day did have some trouble too but was not as bad.

0 Likes
pcconley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Spent over an hour on the phone with Samsung Pay support. Even though the support person was getting her information from someone else (she was continually typing and putting me on hold) we uninstalled and reinstalled the app many times. Wiped the cache and still not working. The only other option they said I have is to do a factory reset on the phone. No way.

Oh well, I'll just stick with LoopPay for now until something happens one day to allow this to work for me.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and help.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I installed Samsung Pay yesterday and added my Amex card. As I suspected, since it is a chipped card it does not work at terminals which are chip enabled and I still have to insert the card. It worked fine at terminals which are not chip enabled. This cuts down on the terminals which will accept it, yet the STILL outnumber the terminals with NFC.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Seems more banks are getting on the NFC payments bandwagon.  Capital One now allows NFC payment through their app.  However, most of their customers are receiving chip cards now.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Difference is, though, NFC is accepted with a chipped card and a chip enabled terminal with NFC. Samsung Pay is not. Not all chip enabled terminals have NFC, though. Seems silly that a chip enabled terminal does not accept NFC since they are new terminals, although I have seen them.

0 Likes
Bavariaron
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tidbits,

You are correct on all points.  But it doesn't rule out the possibility of the thesis I put forward. 

While you may think rationally and logically about your purchases, we are not all savvy shoppers like you. 

My point: "Verizon" is being squeezed by the competition and is well know for scrutinizing every cost center to preserve margin. 

Pretty snarky end to your response.  I agreed with you right up to the "think rationally comment."

r/

Bavariaron

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you think that's snarky I am sorry, but it's not and the truth about todays society, and why the world is in the position it is in.  Again personal opinion.  First world problems are more important than things that really do matter.  Just imagine if the world put this much effort for something that really mattered...