Re: Official Samsung Pay Thread
Tidbits
Legend

Chinese hackers attacked the company behind Samsung Pay

Seems potentially Verizon did people a favor.  It's not completely known how far this went.

Rodmon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wrong again Tidbits!  Attack was on LoopPay...Samsung Pay not affected.  Stop the disinformation...

http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-says-customer-payment-data-not-affected-by-hack-attack/

Tidbits
Legend

You know how many people used Samsung Pay before actual release? You honestly think Samsung bought the company and is not going to use their assets?  Of course they are going to down play it as they don't want potential adopters to question the security of their product.  No matter if you want to believe their public relations that's up to you.

0 Likes
CtK4949
Enthusiast - Level 2

and now verizon wants to increase my bill by $20/month?!?! I think its time to move on to a new carrier!! It will be cheaper and I will have Samsung Pay right away!!

fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

So I see that it is finally coming in a software update. Is there a date for said roll out or even a rumor. If we get it and can verify a card by October 11 Samsung will send us one of their high speed wireless chargers. That is Sunday.  Think we can get it before that? I am doubtful and that means not only waiting for the main reason I got this device but also missing out on a truly awesome promotion connected to it.

Tidbits
Legend

They will not send you the fast charging wireless charger... It's their lower one.  It's been verified that it isn't the fast charger.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Well that makes me feel better.  I have the parts to make a regular one.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I thought the same thing initially then I asked because I wanted to make sure.

The items offered in the promo are the same price. If it was the fast charger which is $30 more then everyone would have gotten that. At least they are "free"

fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

We couldn't have left Verizon not right now, but this and the plan changes,  still no FM radio,  and the coverage has gone downhill has made me disappointed that we came back here instead of one of the other carriers.  Not that any of them are much better.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Other carriers are willing to "help" you out.