OS update turned on mobile for picture sync
JakerR

So in Spet or Oct during an update, mobile, to upload and sync pictures, somehow got turned on. I had this turned off for the reason I was on a shared plan! Somehow after one of the last updates it got turned on and videos and pictures all got uploaded and ate up 16 gigs of data before I knew it even happened! What update caused this and what can be done to fix this? There is zero reason this should have ever been turned on! 

0 Likes
Re: OS update turned on mobile for picture sync
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately,  sometimes updates change Settings; that's why it's a good idea after any update to double-check settings and ensure they've not been changed.  I'm assuming you changed the sync back to update over wi-fi only?  Photos > Settings > Backup and Sync > ensure cellular data backup is turned off

0 Likes
Re: OS update turned on mobile for picture sync
JakerR

Well, of course I did but for as many apps as I have that would be hard to check every single thing! I also and my boss should not be changed for something that gets changed like that as it was not setup like that and was not in my power to fix until the damage was done! When something like this has been said to not use mobile data for over two years and all of a sudden it just automatically turns on, it should not be blamed on the customer it should be blamed on the update and the customer should not be liable for it! 

0 Likes