Note 4
leon67
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are they ever planning on updating the note for everyone else has what is the hold up

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Note 4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Leon67, updates are meant to be a nice treat for you phone. They do go through vigerous testing prior to be releasing both by Samsung and Verizon. Click here to get the latest information on the Note 4 Software: http://vz.to/1EH0Qtf.
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
leon67
Enthusiast - Level 3

No your answer sucks is there a update out yes or no. not hard.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

5.1.1 was released by Sprint and T-Mobile a bit ago, along with unlocked devices. AT&T and Verizon are still working on their "certification" to pass. I was told to expect an update sometime in November. They also have to release some updates to resolve some major security issues.

0 Likes
ellimor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Latest article I read said November. However, here we are half way through November and Verizon still doesn't seem to care. That what it looks like. But thats just my opinion.

0 Likes
creator
Contributor - Level 2

I just read an article saying Samsung is releasing 6.0 starting in December for the note 4 and 5 and s5 and s6. Which means we should get it when it's time to upgrade.

0 Likes
NYVET
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's your answer, and I'm disappointed (though not surprised) that Verizons answer was totally inadequate. Here's the deal, straight from Samsung (amazing Verizon can't talk to them and get the correct information). The update is a 'treat' for your phone? Laughable.

So, according to Samsung, the updates are NOT pushed out to everyone at once, as previous attempts to do so caused major issues and system crashes. So the updates are sent out to small groups at a time at random, so Ben in California will get the update a month before you do. You'll get the update before Lisa in Kentucky, etc etc. So, if your device is on the upgrade list, just be patient, it's coming. Now if only Verizon could properly TRAIN their 'customer service' people to give valid answers, life would be good.

ellimor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now halfway through December and still no update.

0 Likes
creator
Contributor - Level 2

I just saw that the note 4 is scheduled q1 2016 per Samsung.

0 Likes