Note 4 Signal Since Lollipop Known Issue? Etc.
sschnurman
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I updated my Note 4 to 5.0.1 lollipop, I experience a serious uptick in dropped calls.  Here are the steps I took:

1) Removed my sim for 20 seconds.

2) Replaced my sim.

3) Did 5 hard resets.

4) Disabled system software to increase usable RAM.

Since none of that worked, here are the further steps I took:

1) Verizon sent me a refurb.

2) I chatted and called Verizon for help.

Is this a known issue?  Is anyone else here having the same problem.  Is there a fix coming out from Samsung?  If so, how soon?

I've been a Verizon customer since 2003, and am not used to call problems at all.

Labels (1)
Re: Note 4 Signal Since Lollipop Known Issue? Etc.
sschnurman
Enthusiast - Level 2

bump please

0 Likes
paradisevalleylofts
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Note 4 drops to 3G constantly after I updated to lollipop. I had it three days with a solid 4G signal, then updated, directly after the update it started dropping to 3G and occasionally 1x. Very frustrating. I also have had a few random dropped calls while I have a decent connection. Factory reset and power cycle after removing the battery has had no effect. This is a bug that's needs fixed, but I think I'm gonna just return mine while I still have time. I am not gonna put up with this for the next two years, it is hammering my battery as well because it is always trying to find a network. Battery life was amazing on my short 3 days with KitKat, now its been cut several hours short of what it was since lollipop.

Shepstyle25
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a fix coming for this obvious problem of decreased signal since the Lollipop update on the Note 4. Great signal in my home prior and now constant drop calls and 3g.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What I read said end of July, but it's not an official statement.

0 Likes
Shepstyle25
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow! I hope there will be a fix in the upgrade for this problem. It's not

just in my home as I'm constantly dropping calls in areas where signal

strength prior to Lollipop was at least 4 to 5 bars. Now it's one maybe two

at the most. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It's an unfortunate 5.0 issue. Along with battery drain and then random small hiccups and changes. They certainly didn't test the update very well before it's release.

0 Likes
cwaters2064

Same issues here. This update turned my note 4 into JUNK and verizon has done nothing to help. I will be demanding a free network extender tomorrow.

0 Likes