Note 4 MirrorLink v1.1 not backwards compatable
cyber0ne

Installed the Mirrorlink connection to my Pioneer 4600BH and swapped my Note 3 for a Note 4.  Today I tried to use the MirrorLink on my radio and the phone acts like its going to connected, then I click on MirroLink on my radio and it thinks about it for 30-45 seconds then comes back with a communication error.  Tried all sorts of settings, then called Pioneer to after noticing the Note 4 runs v1.1 and ALL the radios that run MirrorLink run v1.0.  Pioneer told me that its a backwards compatability issue with the 2 versions.

So has anyone found a way to make this work?  Im also told the HTC M8 has this same issue.

Or does Verizon know when a update to fix the Mirrorlink will be coming out?

I spoke to Samsung who had no idea what I was talking about with Mirrorlink......   which is a interesting conversion in itself.....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Note 4 MirrorLink v1.1 not backwards compatable
tbo27
Master - Level 2

What about car link  app in playstore. It's  version 1.1

0 Likes
cyber0ne

Nope wont work...  issue is with the version on the radio vs the version on the phone.  Phones running v1.1 will not connect to a device running v1.0.  The software Car Link uses is still the Mirrorlink connection.

0 Likes
james1018w

Did you  ever find the  solution  to this problem? I have installed  many mirrorlink  units but never with the note 4 until I decided  to  install  it in my own personal  vehicle. I get the same communication error.

0 Likes