Note 3 lollipop update 5.0 erased my sd card. Phone does not pick it up as if no sd card is available.
daklutch1224

The phone does not pick up my sd card at all.i try connecting my sd card to the computer and now it says please format.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note 3 lollipop update 5.0 erased my sd card. Phone does not pick it up as if no sd card is available.
caecilia97
Contributor - Level 1

I would also try to get the data off of the card with an SD adapter via your computer if you are able. Sometimes the card doesn't get totally corrupted, and then you can still get the data off before you format the card.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Note 3 lollipop update 5.0 erased my sd card. Phone does not pick it up as if no sd card is available.
mama23dogs
Legend

Unfortunately you are not alone.  While I got through without problem, other users of Samsung phones have reported the same problem.

reformatting sometimes fixes the card, but anything stored on it is gone.

a Bit late, but the recommendation is to remove an SD card before updating.

0 Likes
caecilia97
Contributor - Level 1

I would also try to get the data off of the card with an SD adapter via your computer if you are able. Sometimes the card doesn't get totally corrupted, and then you can still get the data off before you format the card.

0 Likes
schtefan
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for the warning...now I suggest you file a law suit againt Verizon.  Deleting your data without consent is illegal. 

0 Likes