Not receiving new emails to Droid Lucid
Stacey_D

I have my personal email set up on my phone but I am not being notified of new messages and when I click on the Email icon on the Home screen my phone is telling me that I have no messages when I actually do have messages in my inbox.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving new emails to Droid Lucid
budone
Legend

Have you looked at the emails first on your PC? If so, this will clear the messages from the server, so if you look on your phone afterwards, the messages will not appear.

0 Likes
GeorgeInDallas

Have the same problem on my Motorola RAZR.  From reading other postings, I don't think this is a phone issue or an internet issue - this looks like a Verizon issue, plain and simple.  I've very upset at the way Verizon is dancing all around this issue - somebody over there has monkeyed with the IT functions, particularly as messages and calls through other carriers are concerned.  It's a Verizon problem.  Man up.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Considering there are only two posting about the issue, I doubt it is an internal VZW issue. I am getting mine for 8 different accounts just fine.

I ask the same question of you. Are you leaving Outlook open or looking at the messages first on your PC?? This will delete the message from your internet's or Gmail's server and you will not see the message on the phone.

0 Likes
Stacey_D

I actually did not look at them on my PC first.  I added my personal email on my phone and have not received any emails to my phone although I have received new emails.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Stacey_D!

It’s important to be able to retrieve email on your device as well as from a computer.  I would like to assist with correcting this problem.

First, I’d like to thank the other Community members for the great feedback & suggestions!

I have a few questions to determine the root cause of the problem.  How many email accounts do you have on your Lucid?  Is this happening with all email accounts, or one specific?  Is this a POP3/IMAP or Exchange email account?  Please check the email account settings to ensure the correct credentials are entered for the email account to work properly:  http://bit.ly/Iz1iYl  Let me know how this works out so I can further assist.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Stacey_D

I received a message on my phone yesterday that said there has been a change in your SIM card and all the email accounts that you have will be deleted.  I had been clicking cancel but today I clicked on OK and then it took me through restoring the Hotmail email and now all of the sudden I can see my Hotmail inbox with all my messages.  The SIM card was changed the same day I got my phone which was a week and a half ago.  Strange but it looks like it works now.  Thanks for your help.  Now to figure out how to add my work email (Outlook).   Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 13:24:34 -0600

Hello Stacey_D!

It’s important to be able to retrieve email on your device as well as from a computer.  I would like to assist with correcting this problem.

First, I’d like to thank the other Community members for the great feedback & suggestions!

I have a few questions to determine the root cause of the problem.  How many email accounts do you have on your Lucid?  Is this happening with all email accounts, or one specific?  Is this a POP3/IMAP or Exchange email account?  Please check the email account settings to ensure the correct credentials are entered for the email account to work properly:  http://bit.ly/Iz1iYl  Let me know how this works out so I can further assist.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

>Personal email addresses were deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
DiannaK

I'm also having an issue. I've had my Lucid for probably about a month. I've never received my e-mails as quickly as I did with my Blackberry. Yesterday I received a message from Verizon that my log-in information could not be validated (or authenticated - can't remember the exact wording), so I removed my e-mail account from my phone, and then set it up again. The last e-mail I've received on my phone was at 5:41 this morning. On my PC, I have over 20 e-mails in my in-box - from today and I haven't opened any of them from the PC.

Also - as another issue, every evening I've been deleting all of my e-mails. My phone shows "0 messages".  By the next afternoon, they've all reappeared on my phone. Yesterday (before I received the log-in e-mail), I had over 600 e-mails on my cell phone.

Help!

0 Likes
pandarain

I am also having issues with this, I set up my Yahoo account, at first it kept saying my log-in couldn't be authenticated, then finally after retrying 300 times it finally worked... alas I got excited too quickly... I have not received a single email in 2 days.  I tried deleting the account and trying to reload it according to the directions linked in a prior response to a similar issue...still nothing, I am back to not being able to even log in.  I am very dissapointed with this.  I have always had a lot of faith in Verizon's Support team, Android as a running platform, and LG in a quality phone.  I am not sure which one is failing.  I never had this issue with any of my Droids... Please help me! I really need to be able to check my emails through out the day!!

Thanks for any help anyone can supply!!

Kandice

0 Likes
smoogaleewoogalee

Have you considered this could be an issue with yahoo on your device? Check your outgoing and incoming server settings.

0 Likes