Nokia 9 Pureview
mikesixty4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will the Nokia 9 Pureview work on the Verizon Wireless network?  ATT no longer uses GSM and Verizon is getting rid of CDMA at the end of this year. GSM is more used for other countries as that is the standard everywhere else.

As I understand it, and I could be totally wrong about this, as long as the phone uses the LTE bands that Verizon uses then I the phone should work on Verizon Wireless?

Re: Nokia 9 Pureview
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mikesixty4, With many new awesome phones heading our way, it's important to know which ones will work on our Network. While we don't have any confirmation of the Nokia 9 Preview compatibility, we recommend checking the device using this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/featured/unlocked-phones/.

TanishaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rboodro
Enthusiast - Level 1

So - LTE doesn't support voice/text...

Solution - Verizon has a Voice over LTE technology they developed, offered free with phone service as "HD Voice".

Note - This will only work for when you have LTE coverage; when you go out of range you won't have any Edge/3G network bands to fall back on.

Solution - listed on Verizon's HD Voice help page, they mention to enable roaming to utilize partner CDMA/GSM network bands; since Verizon doesn't natively support GSM, this implies logically that enabling roaming should allow you to fall back on Edge/3G for voice/text when LTE is unavailable.

Note - I have not tried any of this yet. I have just purchased the Nokia 9 Pureview and still waiting on it to arrive. If I cannot get it to work on Verizon then I am switching networks.

Tags (2)
rboodro
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update: This phone works on Verizon without any problems for me. 

Labty5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was unable to get the 9 pureview to work on Verizon. Rbroodro, did you need to do anything to enable the phones compatibility? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Labty5,

We understand the need for your device to work on the network, and help is here. You are able to bring your device to us. With any devices not made for our network, it is possible that not all features will work. If the device is compatible, the following link will allow you to activate: https://login.verizonwireless.com/vzauth/UI/Login?realm=vzw&goto=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.verizonwireless.c...

I hope this provides clarity.

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
seredin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any additional confirmations of the 9 Pureview getting confirmed by Verizon? 

0 Likes
mikesixty4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been unable to get calling to work on the phone.  I have full lte and I am able to do everything I want to do except phone calls.  I initially was able to get phone calls from other people but not I don't even get that. 

The problem appears to be that HD voice or VoLTE or Wifi Calling are not options in the settings at all to enable.  I have also tried the *#*#4636#*#* trick which will allow you to get into some advanced settings...this is where I selected LTE only which allowed me to use the device up to this point.  For those that don't know this...Go to your phone app and enter that number and then a new menu will pop up where you select Phone Information and Select LTE only for preferred network type.  This allows internet and texting but I still can't make or receive phone calls.

In the menu that pops up I should be able to enable VoLTE provisioned, Video Calling Provisioned and Wifi Calling Provisioned but all 3 radio buttons are disabled and greyed out so I cannot enable them.  I believe this is where the hang up is.

My workaround right now is using Google Voice for phone calls and forwarding all my calls from my Verizon Wireless phone to my google voice line but I would much rather get HD voice working on this phone.

Has there been any progress by anyone else in getting the pureview to work?

0 Likes
mudobber
Enthusiast - Level 2

On all cell towers or just the onces near you? 

0 Likes
Pacerized
Enthusiast - Level 1

It looks like you've had the phone for a few months. Are you still using it with Verizon? Any issues?

I want to get the best Nokia android that I can which will work on Verizon. Nokia tells me the 9 Pureview should work and the Verizon tech I spoke with today said that any phone with 4g lte will work now that they have gone fully to 4g and are retiring the old 3g cdma. I hate to throw out $400 just to find out though. 

0 Likes