Nokia 9 Pureview Compatibility
Labty5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently purchased a Nokia 9 Pureview and have been unsuccessful in using the phone on Verizon's network. I have talked to techs through support. I have gone into Verizon stores. Will the Nokia 9 Pureview work on Verizon?

Re: Nokia 9 Pureview Compatibility
mikesixty4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have gotten it to work partially.

I can text and have 4g access but I am not able to make or receive calls.  To get it to work to this point I had to get into the phone information section and select LTE only as my preferred network type.

I should be able to enable VoLTE and Wifi calling from this menu but both options are disabled and I am unable to make the change.  I don't know if this is a verizon issue or a nokia issue though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing with your Nokia 9 device,

mikesixty4. Being able to have full functionally, especially when it comes to phone calls is essential. We are unable to guarantee the full use of unlocked devices on our network, since they were not originally programmed to work for Verizon Wireless. We do recommend contacting the manufacturer for assistance with extra steps and troubleshooting on the device, https://www.nokia.com/. VianeyP_VZW
0 Likes
Labty5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Save your breath,

I spent over 4 hours on the phone with Nokia. They cannot help and at the end pointed me back to Verizon. Their staff is just as confused and kept saying "it should work". 

0 Likes