No push notifications on Droid 4?
BAS071509
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the last several days, I'm getting no push notifications on my Droid 4.  Gmail doesn't sync unless I go in and refresh, and I have a few other apps I use push for (Facebook, etc.) and I'm not receiving those, either.  Once every day or two, I'll receive a huge slew of all my notifications since the last time they came through, then back to nothing.

I checked all of my settings, even though I certainly didn't change anything, and everything seems to be set up to properly sync and push.  Data connections otherwise work fine (well, as well as they did before this issue came up, but that's another topic).

Phone is just over a year old, running ICS version 4.0.4.

Anyone else experienced this?  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No push notifications on Droid 4?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hmmm, I have the Droid 4, running ICS, and haven't noticed a slowdown in my email or other notifications...  have you recently installed a new app (of any kind... poorly coded apps can wreak havoc, even well written ones may unintentionally produce unexpected results)?  Are you in a 3G or 4G signal area?  Or using wi-fi?  Is it possible you have it set to only push notifications on wi-fi, and there's no wi-fi signal available?

I'm just throwing out ideas...

0 Likes
Re: No push notifications on Droid 4?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear Bas071509,

Good afternoon. Ensuring you get your emails and social notifiations in a timely manner is extremely important. It would be my pleasure to address your sync concerns.

To ensure your email syncs sooner than waht it's currently set to, tap on menu>settings>data manager>email and corporate sync>email delivery>adjust the frequency your phone syncs. Once you adjust this field, tap the back arrow back to data manager and tap on Social applications. Ensure sync social media apps over wi-fi is not checked off.

In the event the steps above do not help with your email and social notifiations, please feel free to reach out to us. We will be more than happy to assist in further troubleshooting.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes