No NFC Secure Element SIM card for LG G2
freakngoat

I'd like to start using the ISIS wallet for my LG G2, but I need a NFC Secure Element SIM card, which are supposed to be available for free online. When I click on "Get NFC Secure Element SIM" under Manage My Device, I get the following message:

Your request cannot be completed

Sorry, there are no compatible SIM Cards available, please contact Customer Service at (800) 922-0204.

I read you can also get the SIM card from a Verizon Wireless store (which I've always found less than helpful). So I went to the one down the street from my apartment in Manhattan, and they wanted $20 for it. I said, "umm, aren't they free?" The guy said if you want a free one you have to order online. Scam.
So before I waste an hour of my life on hold, what gives with the website?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No NFC Secure Element SIM card for LG G2
Not applicable

They are free at actually Verizon corporate stores. At retail stores they charge. My store wants $25 for a new SIM. I thought the G2 came with a NFC SIM pre-installed.

0 Likes
freakngoat

Interesting, thanks for the tip. Not sure exactly how to differentiate the corporate stores from the retail stores, but I think there might be one by my work according to the website. I'll try today.

Yeah my G2 does not have one pre-installed--the ISIS app says I need one.

0 Likes
Not applicable

That ISIS app should have been upgraded to Soft Card. My G2 came with a pre-installed SIM but I just used the one from my old phone. So I don't now if the SIM that came with it was NFC capable or not.

0 Likes