No Bluetooth media, Galaxy S5, 4.4.4
WI-HR
Enthusiast - Level 2

In the past week did two updates to Galaxy S5, 4.4.4, still no bluetooth media.

Last Successful Software Update from Verison Wireless: update_SM-G900V_NAH_to_NI2.  Result: Software update Successful.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No Bluetooth media, Galaxy S5, 4.4.4
mhutton411
Enthusiast - Level 1

I figured out what my Bluetooth problem was!  In order for employees to use their personal phone, my company sets certain Microsoft Exchange security restrictions.  When one adds an exchange account to one's phone, the phone should enforce these pre-defined security restrictions.  I got my company to turn off the particular bluetooth restriction that was killing the media connection to my car!  The SW update must have enabled the S5 to enforce restrictions set by my Corporate Microsoft Exchange account thus disabling media connections to cars.

View solution in original post

WI-HR
Enthusiast - Level 2

anyone else having this problem?

0 Likes
mhutton411
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes! The update broke the S5 media connection to my car!!!  I tested my Nexus 7 tablet (also running 4.4.4), my iPad rev 3 running IOS8 and my work phone Galaxy Rugby Pro running Jellybean 4.1 and all work perfectly with media via Bluetooth on my car, but since the NI2 update the S5 will only talk Bluetooth telephony.  Are you listening Verizon?

0 Likes
WI-HR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks!  Glad to hear not totally alone, but sorry you're frustrated too.

0 Likes
mhutton411
Enthusiast - Level 1

I figured out what my Bluetooth problem was!  In order for employees to use their personal phone, my company sets certain Microsoft Exchange security restrictions.  When one adds an exchange account to one's phone, the phone should enforce these pre-defined security restrictions.  I got my company to turn off the particular bluetooth restriction that was killing the media connection to my car!  The SW update must have enabled the S5 to enforce restrictions set by my Corporate Microsoft Exchange account thus disabling media connections to cars.

emtownsend1
Enthusiast - Level 2

mhutton411, that is good to know!  I have switched to a Note 4 using 4.4.4 and have had car BT connectivity issues that I have mentioned in another thread.  I will check this out!

0 Likes
emtownsend1
Enthusiast - Level 2

(I guess I have two profiles here, sorry) Anyway, I checked my Exchange policies and sure enough the feature is available, but I already have permission to use all Bluetooth connections.  In fact, I am enabled for all permissions pertaining to that policy, so that wasn't it for me.  Well, for me, the search for an answer goes on...

-emtownsend aka Eric Townsend

0 Likes
kurbine

Yes.  Just posted......The recent galaxy NI2 update that included streaming fixes broke song title display.  First song title will display,  but will not change with each new song played. I'm using rhapsody.

Didn't realize the update was the cause and have gone through numerous other fixes with both Rhapsody and Samsung.  Lots of time wasted and data wiped out.  Disgusted.  Is there no quality check process in place before these updates are released????

0 Likes