Re: Nexus Six for Christmas
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

So buying directly from Motorola isn't an option?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dscoleri

I am in the exact same position. I was really aggravated at first but I am getting past the point of caring. At this point I will be taking my family plan and leaving for T-mobile in a couple weeks if this phone doesn't show up or we don't get some sort of announcement from Verizon. It is absolutely ridiculous that I have to go through this EVERY time I am due for an upgrade. The only reason I was staying with Verizon was because they had the best data network in my area but that isn't even true anymore according to the latest 3rd party testing in my area. How difficult is it to release a statement one way or the other? 

This is what I am looking for in a phone:

Phablet size (5.7" screen or larger)

Stock Android

If someone from verizon has a suggestion as an alternative to the Nexus 6 that meets the criteria above I am all ears. And for the last time, no I do NOT want the Turbo.

0 Likes
Adirolf
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have followed Verizon on Twitter. I have been provided with false information from the Verizon Twitter account. The info I am referring to is in reference to the Galaxy Nexus. Why would I expect to get any correct information from that source regarding the Nexus 6?

0 Likes
creator
Contributor - Level 2

When in a corporate store yesterday the guy I was talking to said the moto rep told them jan-feb was when they would get it. I gave up and got a note 4

0 Likes
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

Ann154

Yes, I would buy from Moto if Verizon would just say they would support the phone. How many times have I stated it in these forums?

And Verizon is starting to reply consistently now. "We have NO information on this phone" Notice it doesn't say we will have the phone in the future. It says NO. Also, pay attention to the fact that Verizon is the only carrier Grayed out on the Google Play Store. It wasn't grayed out in the beginning.

So, if someone can produce an article from a named Verizon source saying they will carry it in a published article, show it. I have looked and looked again. All I see is an article that we reached out to big red and they say they will carry the phone. But that is not confirmed.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It works and it is supported. People are using it right now on Verizon and have no trouble with it. I used my Nexus 6 back and forth with Verizon and T-mobile. If Verizon wasn't going to support it then none of them will work as the IMEIs wouldn't be in Verizon systems. Why import them if you are not going to support Something?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then buy it from Motorola while it is still in stock. It will work on the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

The IMEI's are not in Verizon's system. Every one I  know that has activated the phone has used the IMEI from another device to order a Nano sim. They will not not send you a sim if you call and say it is for a Nexus 6. If you have had a different experience post it. I live on 2 Android forums and have yet to see it happen that way. If you say it is for the Nexus 6 the conversation is over. Therefore the device is not supported by Verizon. Last night when I checked the 6th was out of stock again.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yes they are. I am using my phone as we speak. How can I do this is the IMEI are not in the system...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I already explained in this thread... The IMEI has NOTHING to do with activation. The Nexus 6 doesn't have the files to activate a sim. What you do is get the sim from the store activate it using your old device. Without the IMEI being in the system you will not be able to connect and make calls which you can.

0 Likes