Re: Nexus 6 Availability
Tidbits
Legend

A lot of their products are on backorder. Since the buyout Motorola has a smaller number of available plants compared to when they were on their own and started downsizing.

Moto X is make to order so they are not on backorder because of it. Also demand for the X hasn't been all that stellar compared to their competition. Yes I bought an X(2 actually. 1 ebony and one bamboo) I had to wait 12 days to get them.

Tidbits
Legend

Yes they did underestimate demand. People were harping on how expensive it was that ranting they were not getting it. All the internet hype lied to them.

0 Likes
Cuddles779
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please give us a date! Considering leaving with my whole family plan for this phone. Just want Verizon to say something...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cuddles779,

We certainly do not want to see you leave! We want a wide variety of devices available for our customers to choose from. There is no word on this particular model but keep abreast to our current smartphone line up here http://bit.ly/nD0WuY

0 Likes
Adirolf
Enthusiast - Level 3

Add me to the waiting list. 🙂

Seeing the Nexus 6 on other sites from carriers that will pay the ETF make me start considering leaving Verizon to get the Nexus 6.

Then again, I have a Galaxy Nexus from VZW that has had NO UPDATE since date of purchase and none of the promises for updates from VZW via twitter, etc have manifested.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Adirolf wrote:

Add me to the waiting list. 🙂

Seeing the Nexus 6 on other sites from carriers that will pay the ETF make me start considering leaving Verizon to get the Nexus 6.

Then again, I have a Galaxy Nexus from VZW that has had NO UPDATE since date of purchase and none of the promises for updates from VZW via twitter, etc have manifested.

That's why Verizon no longer makes promises or let anyone know of releases.

Here's a tidbit of information(pun intended).  In Google groups Google employees said they discontinued working on the update. Verizon doesn't touch code like popular belief.  If the OEM doesn't finish the update then you'll never get.  Verizon treated the Galaxy Nexus like they did their other devices(which honestly makes sense to me).  Yes I owned a Galaxy Nexus and I spoke out weeks prior to it being released.  Google said it would be treated like their other Nexus devices.  I knew that was going to be a lie from the beginning as CDMA has to be treated differently than GSM.

Jerry_G
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Cuddles779,

We certainly do not want to see you leave! We want a wide variety of devices available for our customers to choose from. There is no word on this particular model but keep abreast to our current smartphone line up here http://bit.ly/nD0WuY

Dear @Verizon Wireless Customer Support:

First - A dead link, really?

Second - I bet most of the people posting on this thread are checking the VZW page for new phone several times a week, looking for mention of this new phone (Nex6). 

Third - As far as a "Wide Variety of Devices" - not for bootloader unlocked devices.  Why do I want a bootloader unlocked device?  Lots of reasons, but the best example is my current Galaxy S3 - the last OTA update (4.4.2, done this summer) cripples the radio in my phone.  If it was bootloader unlocked, I could roll back the OS to a version that works, or load a radio kernel that would fix the issue.  But as is, I am stuck with a phone that can't make calls inside most buildings, and never from inside my own home.  6 months I have been stuck with a mostly dead phone, and no upgrade till recently. The troubleshooting I have done is another thread entirely, but if the GS3 had an unlocked bootloader, I would have fixed this 6 months ago, and would be a happy camper now, instead of a pissed off VZW costumer looking for an exit ramp.

Ya'll want to push the Droid Turbo or Note 4 or a Moto X?  Fine, sell us one with an unlocked bootloader without making us go to black market devices.

Jerry

Tidbits
Legend

Actually no you couldn't roll back even with a unlocked boot loader. Samsung signed packages made it so you couldn't. So either way you'd be voiding your warranty. This was a move made by... Samsung

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It happens but sometimes just re-clicking on the link it will pop up.. 

0 Likes
kingdomman3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 4 phones on my account 1 is up for upgrade, one will be in less than a week, and another in 3 months.  The Note 4 is the only other device I would consider, but I would imagine 2 of these phones will be Nexus 6 phones.

To the guy who asked what's the main differences between the Note 4 and Nexus 6 is the screensize, faster updates, and less bloatware.

0 Likes