Nexus 5 was not picked up by Verizon because..
chrisrackley
Enthusiast - Level 1

Google wouldn't let Verizon lock it down and fill it full of bloat, like they did the S4.  It has nothing to do with the Nexus 5 not working on Verizon's network. The Nexus 5 has been in the works for some time, it was no accident key frequencies were not incorporated into its already capable CDMA support.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
Re: Nexus 5 was not picked up by Verizon because..
armaki
Contributor - Level 1

The sensible question is why would you even want to use a nexus device on Verizon? Verizon is the champion on anti-consumer corporations, and a nexus is not a nexus by any definition on vzw network.

0 Likes
blegh
Enthusiast - Level 2

what the hell is wrong with verizons CEOs brain, seriously

0 Likes
GetWithTheProgram
Enthusiast - Level 1

Chrisrackley is correct is correct it has nothing to do with compatibility or CDMA or anything like that folks. Spring uses CDMA also and their customers are getting the Nexus 5. It all boils down to 'CONTROL.' You see Verizon don't want any device on their network work they cannot control what goes on it and not being able to fill it (as Chrisrackley stated) bloat ware. It's one of the reasons why although if your phone is capable of being unlocked Verizon refuses to unlock certain phones which are capable of being unlock. They tell you that the phone either cannot be unlocked or if you unlock it, it won't work internationally or on any other carrier by just putting in a SIM from that carrier (Not True Folks.) Verizon is the Matrix of the mobile business - They want to always be in Total Control not allowing you freedom of choice.

I think I'm going to be switching carriers. I have two lines on Verizon under a family plan and my line is currently up for renewal since the beginning of September and my other March next year. I have been waiting for months anticipating the arrival of this phone and getting STIFFED once again by Verizon doesn't make me happy. I've had enough and unless Verizon'S president Lowell McAdam pony up and allow his customers some freedom by the time the next phone on my contract is up I will be an Ex-Verizon customer.

Allow the Nexus 5 on the network Lowell McAdam stop being a Slave Master to your customers. Without us you don't have a job and Verizon doesn't exist - FREEDOM!

0 Likes
CellDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

"...Verizon refuses to unlock certain phones which are capable of being unlock. They tell you that the phone either cannot be unlocked or if you unlock it, it won't work internationally or on any other carrier..."

Or how about this: Verizon told me they don't know how to unlock my phone. Yes, really.

However, they continued, if I bring my phone to "an electronics store" I can probably get it unlocked. I presume the electronics store is under orders not to reveal the secret to Verizon.

0 Likes