Nexus 1 sold by VZW or Google?
jenn571
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know if VZW will actually sell the N1 or will Google sell it on their website?  I read that Google will actually sell the phone which means no subsidizing my VZW.  Is this true?  I was thinking of getting the Droid in June, but I would love to get the N1 phone.  I'm not going to pay $500+ for it...more like I can't afford it.  Anyone??  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nexus 1 sold by VZW or Google?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Currently Google is selling the phone (meaning you cannot get it from the currently available provider, Tmobile, directly), but you can get a discount if you buy it with a plan through a provider.

For example:

By itself, the phone is selling for $529.00

With a Tmobile contract, it is selling for $179.00

Not sure what the pricing will be like with Verizon, but I imagine it will at least be similar. You can always go to http://www.google.com/phone for more information. Clicking on the Get your phone button will take you to the page with prices/carriers.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2
The website specifically states that the phone is NOT compatible with the Verizon network at this time. D Dave
0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Dangerous_Dave wrote:
The website specifically states that the phone is NOT compatible with the Verizon network at this time. D Dave

Not compatible yet. Verizon compatibility is currently scheduled for Spring 2010, as stated on the website.

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

somegirl wrote:

Dangerous_Dave wrote:

Not compatible yet. Verizon compatibility is currently scheduled for Spring 2010, as stated on the website.

And the Android OS update is scheduled for early 2010........... Sorry SG...I just couldn't resist. :smileywink:
0 Likes
queendivacdm

What about price matching?  So many brick n mortar's will match the price of a competitor if you bring  tin sales circular with the price.  You should also sign up for a free coupon service like Couoon Mom or a price comparison service like PriceGrabber.  I can't and won't pay that much for too many things,  I hope this helps.  Queendivacdm.

0 Likes
jenn571
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh, I know it's not available yet for VZW.  It's suppose to come out this spring but no date has been announced.  I guess what I really want to know is if it will be subsidized by VZW or will it be sold at full retail.  I would love to get the N1 if it's out by June, but only if it will be subsidized since I can't really afford $529.  Thanks everyone:womanhappy:

0 Likes
blackdognorth

What do I know; I'm just another guy at the dumb end of the interweb...but it would seem to be a stark contrast to their current phone/plan lineup if Verizon chose to have the phone non-subsidized.  It would really HAVE to be subsidized on Verizon to be sucessful.  it's no longer breaking news and it's got to be able to be competitive with the other good smartphones on V's lineup.  What I'm wondering is:  when it hits V, will it retain some GSM capability?  THAT would be smart- getting the N1/HTC Passion on V's CDMA with great world/GSM capability!  (the radio's in the current design/hardware anyway, right?)

Here's hopin we start to get some news soon.  I'm definitely NOT going to AT&T for this!

0 Likes
yanksrdb

The pricing plan is $179 for those who sign a new T-Mobile contract, $279 for an upgrdade with an existing contract, and $529 for an unlocked phone. I know that The Nexus One has had horrible sales when compared to the Droid and iPhone for the same period. There have also been major complaints with the customer service at Google and that fact that you can't even look at the phone in any store before purchasing it. I would expect some changes to the pricing and order process before it goes to Verizon.

I really want this phone, but I am not willing to shell out $279 and not even be able to use my NE2 credit. I would rather just go and buy a Droid for $100 less. I am sure there are alot of other people out there looking at this phone who feel the same way.

0 Likes
jenn571
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree.  The Moto Droid is looking real good to me...plus I would like to take the phone into a VZW store and not have to call Google or HTC if there is something wrong.  Google will definitely have to clean up their pricing plan before they release the phone on Verizon.  I also read that T Mobile family plans are not included and only individual plans can take advantage of any subsidizing.  If that's the case, I'm out since my husband and I ARE on a family plan.  We'll see I guess. 

0 Likes