Re: New KitKat battery issues
chrissybee125
Enthusiast - Level 2

No there is absolutely no damage to the device. I purchased an insurance replace back in March I believe because the button stopped working.

0 Likes
chrissybee125
Enthusiast - Level 2

No there is absolutely no damage to the device. I purchased an insurance replace back in March I believe because the button stopped working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chrissybee125,

It is great to hear that your device does not have any physical or water damage. Let look into getting you a replacement device. Please private message me so we can further review your account and replacement options.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
John_Smith1

My Droid HD received the "upgrade/update" 2 days ago.  Since then I can just set and watch the Battery Charge percentage drop about 1 % every 3 minutes!  As was previously mentioned, prior to the "update", my phone ran 1 -> 1 1/2 days between charges.  Now, VERY lucky is I get 6 hours!  Will take phone to Verizon Store on Tuesday.

0 Likes
Re: Re: New KitKat battery issues
RickWS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support  apparently you didn't read all the other postings about bad battery life after the update. Battery life for the Galaxy S series, heck all these smart phone they come with a ridiculously lame batteries and really all only for the money made on the after market extended batteries. Corporate squeezing us for every last cent they can. This probably won't be published but all users check and see if you can get a ZEROLEMON EXTENDED LIFE battery I got one for my Galaxy S3 for half the price of the original and it last once 5 days but 3 days no problem. Check Verizons extended batteries still half of the ZEROLEMON's

God is

RickS

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

John_Smith,

I want to make sure that you are getting the most out of your battery life. Do you use any kind of battery saving applications on the device at all? Have you tired to charge the battery with a different charger?  One thing that you can try to do is place the phone into Safe Mode for a few hours to see if that improves your battery life. Here is a link on how to get the phone into safe mode: http://vz.to/1lguo3Z While in this mode you will be able to still use the phone but it will block any 3rd party applications. Give that a test run and keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
LessThanPleased
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is it possible to uninstall the KitKat update?  I would rather do that than to reset my phone. 

Since the update, my phone overheats and shuts the apps down.  Battery drains may times in one day.  The phone freezes daily and I have to restart it (probably because it is hotter then heck).@

almeisam
Enthusiast - Level 2

So do I.  Massive battery drain since KitKat upgrade.  Razr M.  Even with WiFi turned off.  GSAM indicates the Kernel and Android System are the big drains on the battery.  pm8921_soc_lock has the most wakelocks.

0 Likes
cgage823
Contributor - Level 1

Note 3, android system is showing 97% usage with nothing else. 

I have replaced the battery,  now the next step is Verizon wants to replace the phone. Not sure that is going to matter, when it is really a software issue.

rcuppernell
Enthusiast - Level 1

They need to work on a fix for these issues immediately. Anyway I can reset my phone go back to jelly bean.

0 Likes