New Droid DNA: Android software won't update. No response when 'software update' pressed.
Kinanik

I had my Droid DNA replaced, and I was trying to update the firmware. It's on 4.2.2, hoping to update to 4.4 (which my previous DNA had). When I select 'Status' under 'Software Update,' the only populated fields are 'Source: Verizon Wireless' and 'Code: 0.' When I 'Check new,' a Software Update dialog pops up, but no status window follows it.

Thoughts: I've restarted, but I have not done a factory reset. My SIM is from a phone with 4.4, though I can't imagine that makes a difference.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Droid DNA: Android software won't update. No response when 'software update' pressed.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kinanik,

This is very strange behavior for your phone, but don't worry, ok? We'll get it updated! If you plug your phone into your computer via the USB cable, you may be able to do the upgrade via the Software Upgrade Assistant. Once you plug the phone in you should be prompted to run this program. If not, your phone may not carry this software. Please let us know if this is the case so we can explore other options.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: New Droid DNA: Android software won't update. No response when 'software update' pressed.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear about your phone Kinanik! I know you're eager to update it to the newest software update, so we'll work on it. In "About Phone", what is the build number, software and kernel version please? The SIM card does not affect the update, it's for service. Do you get an error message? Was the phone replaced under warranty or by insurance?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Kinanik

It was replaced by insurance.

Kernel version: 3.4.10-gde6df47 root@abm002 #1 SMP PREEMPTBuild number: 3.06.605.4 CL277065 release-keys

It's at Android 4.2.2, Software number 3.06.605.4

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kinanik,

This is very strange behavior for your phone, but don't worry, ok? We'll get it updated! If you plug your phone into your computer via the USB cable, you may be able to do the upgrade via the Software Upgrade Assistant. Once you plug the phone in you should be prompted to run this program. If not, your phone may not carry this software. Please let us know if this is the case so we can explore other options.

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
LSReddi

Hello,

I am having the similar issue in my Droid DNA. When I click the Status I got Source as Verizon Wireless and Code as 0, but nothing else. And nothing happens when I click 'Check new'.

Please help to update. My current Software version details are as below:

Android Version : 4.1.1
HTC Sense Version : 4+
Software Number : 2.06.605.1 710RD
HTC SDK API Level : 4.63

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for bringing this to our attention LSReddi! Let's look into this together. May I ask how much available device memory do you have? If you do not have at least 5GB of available storage then I would suggest making more available and retry. Also, are you trying to perform the update using cellular data or wifi? As you share the details then we can proceed.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes