Re: Network Down
english0504

For those who don't have a land line you can send them an email as well...that's what I did!

It's also very frustrating that their website doesn't even confirm that there is a problem, it's like they are trying to ignore the fact that a lot of people are unhappy and can't use their phones!!!  I don't we'll get notification of anything from them!

0 Likes
Sparr0whawk

Network down in Rhinelander too.

0 Likes
Betchgto

I spoke with Verizon.  They acknowledged the problem.  They don't have an answer other than the "networks is down...a massive outage in Wisconsin.  We are working diligently to get it back up but do not know when exactly that will be." That is just special.  I use my phone as a key part of my business.  It had better be back up by tomorrow early morning!

0 Likes
NightRaven

It's not just Verizon.  Sprint is down as well.

0 Likes
Allstarstylist

Wow This is really annoying!!  I have been with Verizon for a long time, but it seems that since I moved to Wisconsin, I have had nothing but problems.  My cell phone is the only means of  communication that  I have.  Gee I hope nothing serious happens where I would need to use my phone BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK!!!! I wonder how long this is going to last.......

0 Likes
flantheman

Not just a local outage. I have 5 lines down in the Black Creek area (5 miles north of Appleton) I have been on hold on my land line for 38 min, now and haven't spoken to a person yet. Not even the option to leave a message. I have been an alltel customer for a lot of years and never had an outage like this and no customer support to answer questions .  

0 Likes
NightRaven

It's SPRINT AS WELL!!!!!

0 Likes
nubinger

I live in upper michigan and my cell phones are not working either. I have one for personal and one for work, I am on call 24/7 so I sure hope there are no emergencies cause they are not going to get a hold of me. This is completely ridiculous and I am switching to AT&T when my contract is up.

0 Likes
bufbarnaby

The pitfalls of wireless service. Land line for mission critical voice service...has battery backup at the local telco to power your handset. Notice when the power is off , your cheap $5 phone will still make calls and the dial pad lights up ?

0 Likes
gabeevans88

good call, switch to AT&T, so instead of having a short outage every few years, you drop every other call, LOL

0 Likes