Need to get music off old phone
MackMumford

I have a Galaxy S3 with a broken USB port. A new one is on it's way, but i have over 2,500 songs on this phone that i don't have backed up anywhere. i'd like to get them on my PC, but when connected, it shows no files are on the phone or the memory card (im guessing everything is somehow encrypted or something). Backup Assistant has never worked with my phone number, no matter what type of phone. What can i do to transfer these songs to my PC/new phone? is there a third party app i can use or a way to view the files on my pc?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need to get music off old phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@MackMumford,

Look no further, help is here! I can definitely understand you wanting to keep all your music safe.

I have a great link with steps on how to transfer your music from your phone to your computer. Visit http://vz.to/1lRWXFL for all the steps.

Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try a file explorer app like ES File Explorer which has a FTP option where you can transfer the file via the wifi router to your computer. Of another app that will use wifi to move files from the phone to your computer without using the USB cable.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@MackMumford,

Look no further, help is here! I can definitely understand you wanting to keep all your music safe.

I have a great link with steps on how to transfer your music from your phone to your computer. Visit http://vz.to/1lRWXFL for all the steps.

Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

@MackMumford,

JohnB_VZW are you serious??? Did you not read the problem???? Did you not read the solution you suggested???

Problem #1 with your "help is here!" is that the OP has a phone with a BROKEN USB PORT which was mentioned in the VERY FIRST SENTENCE of his post.

Problem #2 with your "help is here!" is that the solution you suggested requires use of the BROKEN USB PORT on the phone of the OP.

Explain how, exactly, your solution will work with a BROKEN USB PORT on the phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@MackMumford,

I apologize for the previous steps provided. They require you to connect to the computer and you mentioned your usb port is broken on your phone. I appreciate @rcshnoor bring that to my attention.

@MackMunford have you tried bacing up the music using the Verizon Cloud? Visit http://vz.to/1lRZCPv for more info.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I may have been a bit over the top with my reply, but sometimes it simply amazes me when so many "solutions" suggested by Verizon reps are so obviously not going to work in the situation described. My apologies.

As to your new solution, I am aware that it is taboo for a Verizon rep to suggest a method which requires use of non-Verizon apps/software, but I can't imagine ANYONE would willingly PAY the fees it would require for your cloud backup of 2500 songs. That is sure to be MUCH more than the paltry 500 MB of the "free" option for you suggestion.

The method provided by Ann154 is a much quicker and cost effective(i.e. FREE) way to perform the task. Of course, this would not mean ADDITIONAL revenue for Verizon.

Sometimes NO answer from a Verizon rep is better than the self-serving/self-promoting answers they are only allowed to give. It would certainly lessen the mindset of MANY that Verizon is ONLY out to extract as much money as possible from their customers.