Nav Bar Shows GPS On, But Its Off (ERIS)
Leonardo

On the NAV bar, there is a symbol for the GPS being turned on.  I've gone to settings and ensured that anything related to GPS was turned off.  I even downloaded the on/off widget from the HTC website for my ERIS.  It shows the GPS as off.

Given the battery life issue with the phone, I'm concerned that system is using the battery despite the GPS being turned off.  When I go to Google maps, it asks me to turn it on, so I believe the applications know it is off. 

Is there any way to "kill" this application.  It's either a bug and the green flashing is just a eye sore or it is really consuming power.

Anyone else with this problem?  What did you do to solve it?

Thanks,

Leonardo

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nav Bar Shows GPS On, But Its Off (ERIS)
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Leonardo wrote:

On the NAV bar, there is a symbol for the GPS being turned on.  I've gone to settings and ensured that anything related to GPS was turned off.  I even downloaded the on/off widget from the HTC website for my ERIS.  It shows the GPS as off.

Given the battery life issue with the phone, I'm concerned that system is using the battery despite the GPS being turned off.  When I go to Google maps, it asks me to turn it on, so I believe the applications know it is off. 

Is there any way to "kill" this application.  It's either a bug and the green flashing is just a eye sore or it is really consuming power.

Anyone else with this problem?  What did you do to solve it?

Thanks,

Leonardo

i suggest a battery pull, not once but maybe 3 times.

the gps is not an application but more of a setting so killing it would not do. but try the battery pull

0 Likes