My voicemail icon is always on, even when I don't have any messages.
mcm_eileen

A thread for a different android phone (I have a Moto X) suggested that if I were to delete a voicemail and press star until the phone says"thank you," it would go away.  I also cleared the data in the voicemail app, which didn't work either. Please help! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My voicemail icon is always on, even when I don't have any messages.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mcm.eileen,

Well this is strange! Sorry to hear that you have not been able to clear that message. When did this start happening?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mcm_eileen

It's been a few weeks - at one point the phatom icon would go away if I called my voicemail, but that stopped working about a week ago.

0 Likes
Russy

hi,

Its been since I removed the youmail visual voicemail

0 Likes
mcm_eileen

So should I no longer expect this to function?

0 Likes
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

You can go into the settings and force close the app, I would also clear that data.  Settings>App.  The top tab will say downloaded, you're going to want to swipe from right to left until that says all.  Scroll to find your vm app and choose the option to force stop and clear data.  It won't delete your voicemails, but you will have to go through the setup process again if you used visual vm

0 Likes
mcm_eileen

I did that but the icon still has not gone away.  After doing that, I turned to phone off and then back on.  When it came back on, the icon came up before I even regained signal, and when I checked the app settings there was data stored in the voicemail app once again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mcm.eileen,

I know sometimes your voice mail wants to trick you to thinking you have a voice mail and you don't. This can get really annoying, but we are here to help! Have you tried leaving yourself a voice mail and try deleting it? We can see if the voice mail will delete. If all fails we need to make sure your information is backed up to do a master reset on the phone. See here master reset options: http://vz.to/1AwDqOz

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dgreenlee

I didn't have to do the complete reset procedure. It worked for me to send a message to my own voicemail box, and then delete it.  Thanks for the info. I had tried disabling and force stop and cycling the phone off and on, all to no avail. Finally, voicemail says there are no message.

0 Likes