My phone is making calls on my behalf. What do I need to do to stop it?
KASCHE43

I recently transferred my line over from ATT to Verizon. I have had the same number for years and have had no issues. Since I switched to Verizon my phone has been making random calls to people I don't know. I had a lady call me terribly upset stating that I disturbed her.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

At first, I thought my husband was pulling a prank on me until today. Today, I found another woman, in a different state that experienced the same issue 1 day after me. She too has an Android phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone is making calls on my behalf. What do I need to do to stop it?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your phone and/or account call details actually show the phone is making the calls?  Do you have lockscreen password or pin on the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KASCHE43,

We are so happy that you have come over to our wireless family. These mysterious calls need to be squashed ASAP. I appreciate Ann154 asking some important questions. Does this happen when you are doing something specific on your phone? Are you able to look at your call log on the phone & see the phone numbers that were dialed?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If you account does not show you are making the calls, then your number is being spoofed by telemarketers and callying people. They are not really using your number, but they trick the callerID on the receiving end to think it is your number. There is no way to stop this unfortunately. The reason they do this is it is more likely people are going to answer a number that is local to them than a long distance number they do not know.

0 Likes