My phone doesn't ring at all.
dpd6441

I have missed several phone calls because my phone will not ring. I set my phone to ring and when I press ok, it goes back to silent automatically. In the notification part of my setup, it won't let me change it at all. this only started all this after I put my mom on my share plan. And suggestions? I can't even get a verizon rep to I-chat with me about the problem.

My phone is a Casio Gz-One 4G.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone doesn't ring at all.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi dpd6441 - Let's bring back the noise and get your phone ringing again! Had you installed any new apps of updates around the same time you were adding your mom to account? Is this only affecting the ringer as other speaker functions are working? Does the performance change if you turn the off and back on?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
dpd6441

All of the apps that I had installed, I removed and it still didn't work. You could turn the volume up on the ringer and press ok and it would go back to zero volume. The notifications button wouldn't let you change the volume at all, it was like it was there just for looks. After uninstalling all of the apps and the phone still not working, the only other change I made was installing the extended life battery. I removed that battery and cover, and installed the regular battery and cover and everything started working like it was supposed to work.

When I get a few days to try the extended battery again, I will. It will have to be when I am not expecting any calls until I guess I can keep it with me for a back-up only at the moment. If it had something to do with that battery, it would have to be the battery itself or the cover.

Thanks for responding back to my question.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Dpd6441,

Thanks for the additional info! I am so elated to hear that your device is back working again. Where did you purchase the extended battery from? We do offer an Extended Battery for this device http://vz.to/1fdEdyD . It could be the cover of the battery case causing the signal not to reach the device.

PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
dpd6441

I ordered the extended battery when I ordered the phone online from the verizon website. The battery cover came with the extended battery from y'all also. I had already heard the battery life was a problem with that phone. I had the same problem with my first Gz-One phone that I had before this one. The charge did not last all day. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dpd6441,

Thank you for the details. We certainly want to make sure that you are able to enjoy the extended battery, as well as the phone features at the same time. Please keep us updated if you find any correlation with the battery and the volume. If you do, do know that there is a 1 year warranty on the battery so if need be you can definitely get it replaced.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes