My phone died and before it did there was a pop up with the android logo and it said downloading please do not turn off. so after that my phone went dark and vibrated every 3 seconds for about 15 seconds and now I can't turn it on. HELP?!?
xdjsx1

HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone died and before it did there was a pop up with the android logo and it said downloading please do not turn off. so after that my phone went dark and vibrated every 3 seconds for about 15 seconds and now I can't turn it on. HELP?!?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
xdjsx1,

I am so sorry to hear of this issue with your device. We want to make sure we can get your phone back up and running. What make/model device do you have? Do you know what exactly the phone was downloading before it turned off?

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: My phone died and before it did there was a pop up with the android logo and it said downloading please do not turn off. so after that my phone went dark and vibrated every 3 seconds for about 15 seconds and now I can't turn it on. HELP?!?
mama23dogs
Legend

IIt sounds like it may be working on an update.  Plug in to power and leave it within wifi range.  It took my phone an hour to download, during which you can't use the phone.

0 Likes
customer2013
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I had a dead phone now as well and it keeps vibrating and it rings when there is a call. The new lollipop is buggy and never should have been released. Sometimes it can be fixed using their software tool which only works if you have full access to your phone from a computer. I tried but I could not get full access and I even took it to Samsung and they could not get into it. Bottomline for me was hours wasted and 6 days to get a phone because they couldn't even get my replacement phone shipped like they said they would. They claimed "shipping precess malfunction". They will not allow store to give out replacements so they apparently do not give one sxxx about customer satisfaction. I have been a loyal customer for years but now I believe it is time to leave the Verizon and try another carrier.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

WHether you switch carriers or not, consider an un-branded phone next time.  It's the only way to be sure to get updates without carrier junk messing up the works.

no matter where you go, any phone you get is yours.  You can't hold the carrier at fault, you have to go to the manufacturer.

0 Likes